Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about masters and degrees

Options
  • 22-09-2009 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering about this, do you need to have a certain QCA to qualify for a masters degree or can you have any QCA?

Also I was wondering what are the QCA's for the different type of degrees? 1.1, 2.1,2.2 etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Peck3277 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering about this, do you need to have a certain QCA to qualify for a masters degree or can you have any QCA?

Also I was wondering what are the QCA's for the different type of degrees? 1.1, 2.1,2.2 etc

Every Masters course is different, but usually they require a 2.1 or above, but some courses will accept 2.2. Anything below a 2.2 and its very doubtful. Most course info in the prospectus will tell you what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Anything above 3.4(I think!) is a 1.1, and anything above 3 is a 2.1.

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Every Masters course is different, but usually they require a 2.1 or above, but some courses will accept 2.2. Anything below a 2.2 and its very doubtful. Most course info in the prospectus will tell you what you need.

All that was said here is true.
    Each masters has different requirements.
    For the 2 I looked into, I needed a 2.2 for 1, and a 2.1 for the other.
    So it depends.
    Anything above 3.4(I think!) is a 1.1, and anything above 3 is a 2.1.

For Business [not sure for other courses]
    3.35 = 1.1
    2.95 = 2.1
    2.4 = 2.2
    2.0 = 2.3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

It depends very much on the individual masters.

If talking about a research masters, then you may have to complete a "masters qualifier" after 6 months or so.

Advertisement