Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a thermos flask in Dublin City?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

I know these probably aren't hard to come by but I'm not sure where to look and want to get one on my lunch break so don't have time to traipse round loads of shops. Just want a little Thermos for soup. Preferably Grafton St/Dublin 2 area. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they had flasks in my local Tesco when I was in there yesterday, maybe try the Jervis Centre branch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

id say Dunnes Homeware section in Stephens Green shopping centre would have them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

TKmax, stephens green shopping center.

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

CombatCow wrote: »
    TKmax, stephens green shopping center.

CC

+1

but don't make the mistake I did and get a stainless steel one if you're going to be putting tomato based soups in it- it turns them to bubbly poison :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

but don't make the mistake I did and get a stainless steel one if you're going to be putting tomato based soups in it- it turns them to bubbly poison :(

seriously? that sounds scary, are they not all kind of stainless steel??

tkmaxx has loads of thermos flasks right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

Tried TK Maxx in town over the weekend and they only had about half a dozen. None the size I'm looking for (500ml) and all stainless steel. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Try Stock on the South King St. entrance to Stephen's Green Centre, or Kitchen Compliments on Chatham St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

tfak85 wrote: »
    seriously? that sounds scary, are they not all kind of stainless steel??

tkmaxx has loads of thermos flasks right now.

I have one of these, stainless steel inside, and if I put a tomato based soup or curry etc. into it when I come to eat it it's gone..funny, only word for it. Foamy and tastes strongly of vinegar. Asked people about it and the only thing that anyone could think of is that the acid in the tomatoes and the metal are reacting. Either that or I have a dodgy one, not beyone the realms of possiblity! It is mank though when it happens and it happens every single time I put anything with tomato into it, booooo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

argos have them
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&catalogId=1500001801&langId=-1&searchTerms=thermos

many are "extra" items, so book it online if your shop is not an "extra" shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sounds like the vinegar in the tomatoes and the steel lining. You need one with the good old-fashioned glass inner sleeve or plastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Aldi have a food flask this Thurs. http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/2827_10622.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dudara wrote: »
    Sounds like the vinegar in the tomatoes and the steel lining.
    Could have been aluminium lined and not stainless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

Thanks for all the suggestions. Finally got one in Superquinn in Blackrock. Wouldn't have thought they'd be so hard to come by! It's a stainless steel Thermos one, I couldn't find any alternatives. I'm making tomato soup next week so it'll be interesting to see the result!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

How did the Thermos one work out? I'm looking to buy a flask also and will be using it mostly for tomato soup so I'd love to hear how you got on.

Advertisement