Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow to Ploughing + cheap fuel

Options
  • 22-09-2009 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

Ploughing traffic plan seems to have worked an absolute treat. ZERO delays in or around Athy & Athy to Carlow.

For those local to Carlow going to ploughing, simply go down the Athy road, turn left at 3 counties, then 100yards turn right & follow until Athy. This will bring you to the Kilkenny road in Athy. Turn left and 200 yards later turn into ploughing carpark.

Pick up some cheap Petrol / Diesel at the Topaz or Toughers stations too @ 110.9 for petrol & 99.9 for diesel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

causes a lovely 10-15 min delay at ballylinan crossroads on the way to portlaoise though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Took me 15 minutes to get from Dublin Road to Portlaoise Road this morn!:mad: Damn ploughing!!!
    Luckily had given myself the extra ten minutes.
    Traffic flowed pretty well from there tho. All cars went towards Ballylinan at the Castlecomer Road.
    Had envisaged traffic being alot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

I had to drive from Clonmore to Carlow town this morning thought it was going to be hell but surprisingly was okay.

Closing the roundabout at the dolmen is completely ridiculous this week though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It's bloody hell out there now anyway!
    at least the gardaí are out in force though.

Advertisement