Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Q's

Options
  • 22-09-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Ok i have been running a mini league where the winner on a monday gets a seat at a final table and then the last seat goes to the highest placed finisher on points that hasn't won a seat . Now for the dilema , I have 2 players on 7 points with 1 night left.
    If the 2 finish on the same points how do i decide who gets the seat . Suggestion's please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

a) Whoever has the most 2nd places
    b) If they both play the last night, tell them that whoever goes furthest in that game will qualify
    c) a headsup game between the 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Can you not play the final 10 handed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Flushdraw wrote: »
    a) Whoever has the most 2nd places
    b) If they both play the last night, tell them that whoever goes furthest in that game will qualify
    c) a headsup game between the 2

I'd go with heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Clareman wrote: »
    Can you not play the final 10 handed?
    There will be only 7 qualifiers , Would it be a bad idea to just let the 2 players in if it finishes up equal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Would it be a bad idea to just let the 2 players in if it finishes up equal

Yep.

Poker is for winners. If your highest placed loser can't even secure that spot on his own, then he shouldn't be compensated. I'd feel hard done by if i qualified by winning a tournament. Dont move the goalposts once you stated the rules before the league got underway. It will leave you open to questions and complaints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Yep.

Poker is for winners. If your highest placed loser can't even secure that spot on his own, then he shouldn't be compensated. I'd feel hard done by if i qualified by winning a tournament. Dont move the goalposts once you stated the rules before the league got underway. It will leave you open to questions and complaints
    Fair point Tony , if it comes to it i think it will be a heads up battle to decide it . 1 game or best of 3???

Advertisement