Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers/Arthur's day celebrations

Options
  • 02-07-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

Why don't we have a mini boards beers in Letterkenny some night? Then we can all get to know each other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

smashey wrote: »
    Why don't we have a mini boards beers in Letterkenny some night? Then we can all get to know each other.

A night of people out drinking beer? In Letterkenny? It'll never catch on.

icon12.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

You know.. I like the way you think there young Smashey

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Klim wrote: »
    A night of people out drinking beer? In Letterkenny? It'll never catch on.
    Rather than try the usual "lets organise a beers/what date suits?/what location suits, lets post a poll" etc etc, I would just post a date here and say I'll be in McGinleys or wherever, who wants to join me? That would work.
    irish1967 wrote: »
    You know.. I like the way you think there young Smashey
    Aye, that's my good ideas for July all used up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

woot beers!

i'm up for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Let me check with the girlfriend first...... she said no so thats me going then:D

• Advertisement

Homer i think i hear a whip cracking in the background of your post! north west do you only do gigs in ramelton? oh and me and genitic deviant will be in McGinleys at 7 on wednesday. i'll be wearing a bright yellow tshirt with a hood and if someone else is wearing the same thing look for lanky guy drinkin guinness!

tatabubbly wrote: »
    So is there going to be a mini-boards get together coming up soon??

I'm in the same boat, boyfriend off at college so it's just me and the dog at home!!!!
    It's hard to meet people in this town... i've joined a few clubs but i still find people a little stand offish...

I'm a young lady, interested in shopping, drinking and general socalising!

Arthurs birthday celebrations? This thursday? Yes yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

im interested in this. also gonna mention we hold several night's down around my apartment of interest to some here perhaps.

tuesday we go to the bowling alley, few drinks etc for about 2 hours. then back to mine for a movie and more beer. will probably skip the movie and just drink and chat etc. we have about 10 regular's so far.

wednesday, pizza, beer and poker in my house. then we head up town to the club's.

saturday, trip into town for shopping, general wandering around for a laugh. back to apartment's to cook dinner. then we have a nice long game of kings. its a drinking game and its a great time.
    if your interested in meeting up with all of us for a fun time pm me and we can arrange it.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

danniemcq wrote: »
    Arthurs birthday celebrations? This thursday? Yes yes?

Are there any specific Guinness events happening around Letterkenny that you know of?

A game of Guinness-fueled Kings could go very badly/well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

cosgrove80 wrote: »

now that sounds tasty! we had one the other night with becks. (18 bottles in tesco's for 12.49) :p went through almost 100 bottles!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Are there any specific Guinness events happening around Letterkenny that you know of?

Yes yes!!! I love kings, amazing fun... i'll have bulmers. Guiness tends to go down wrong!

I think there could be something in Arena7 for Arthurs day.... so thursday yes????

Yes yes!!! I love kings, amazing fun... i'll have bulmers. Guiness tends to go down wrong!

I think there could be something in Arena7 for Arthurs day.... so thursday yes????

Is arena 7 not a bit far out of town? What about McGinleys? They are showing the bands that are playing all over the world as part of the celebrations on tv in there?

Is arena 7 not a bit far out of town? What about McGinleys? They are showing the bands that are playing all over the world as part of the celebrations on tv in there?

Very good idea.. sorry, Arena7 was the only place i knew doing something! :)

I'm up for it!

Very good idea.. sorry, Arena7 was the only place i knew doing something! :)

I'm up for it!

i'll call in there this evening on the way home and ask them if they have any drinks promos on or anything. It's be class and somewhat appropriate if it was €2.50 a pint but i doubt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

i'll call in there this evening on the way home and ask them if they have any drinks promos on or anything.
    Any excuse at all for a quick pint on the way home ;)

muffler wrote: »
    Any excuse at all for a quick pint on the way home ;)

You know me so well.... :p

Right just outta McGinleys now, they sell more guinness than anywhere else in town so get more stuff, they have at least 40 free pints 40 free tshirts and heaps more stuff and prizes too :) she said there was a giveaway at 17.59 and again at ten. Woot woot!

I think it's a pub stop then! :)

In a guiness way... I want a T-shirt,i think it would be cool!

OK then. New thread opened and posts moved as the last one was running off topic.

I don't see any posts. :p

• Advertisement

I don't see any posts. :p
    Should have gone to Specsavers :rolleyes:

OK then. New thread opened and posts moved as the last one was running off topic.

show off :p

well i'm gonna be there at around quarter to 6 (have to have the 17.59 drink) and will probably sit till late if the craic is mighty :)

Which one is McGinleys again? I don't know Letterkenny that well yet.

I'd be up for going if it suits.

Which one is McGinleys again? I don't know Letterkenny that well yet.

I'd be up for going if it suits.
    Just down the main street a bit below the market square and on the same side of the street

Just down the main street a bit below the market square and on the same side of the street

Ok, thanks. Going to try and get there for 6. Could do with a new keyring.:)

i'll be there with a grey joystick junkies hoody or a black tshirt with DRIVE BY CONFUSION painted on the front (small letters but kinda noticable) if i don't look like to much of a weirdo come over say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARTHUR.

Phew. Got it written and posted at exactly the right time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

To ARTHUR - Cheers! Even though the only Guinness I will ever enjoy is in a Beef & Guinness pie :p The thought of drinking it neat makes me want to boke :D

I hate the stuff.

• Advertisement

To ARTHUR - Cheers! Even though the only Guinness I will ever enjoy is in a Beef & Guinness pie :p The thought of drinking it neat makes me want to boke :D
    Yes, I can picture the scene outside of McGinley's later tonight

vomit_575.jpeg

Advertisement