Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW on 1mb eircom

Options
  • 22-09-2009 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how well WOW plays on a eircom 1mb line. I know I will have to wait ages to update as I will be loading onto a new PC but once it's up is the 1mb alright for playing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Should be grand, wow isn't hard on download speed, I used to play through my mobile phones connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Should be grand, wow isn't hard on download speed, I used to play through my mobile phones connection.

Thanks dying to get back up have been away from game for a year, tried getting upc broadband but it wouldn't work for me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

I'm playing on 1mb perlico and it's grand. I was previously on a 3datmodem with a supposed 3.6mb connection, it was god awful, disconnecting every few minutes.

Anyway, my 1mb perlico connection works the finest and very rarely disconnects, I expect the eircom connection would be much the same.

smithcity wrote: »
    I'm playing on 1mb perlico and it's grand. I was previously on a 3datmodem with a supposed 3.6mb connection, it was god awful, disconnecting every few minutes.

Anyway, my 1mb perlico connection works the finest and very rarely disconnects, I expect the eircom connection would be much the same.

Great Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yeah most online games arent kb intensive when in-play. The installation is gonna be what kills you though. Biggest factor in-game is ping not download speed. Pick a realm thats in your time zone and you should be grand. I didnt, and thanks to brewfest sometimes my connection drops out with 1600ms ping and whatnot. but damned if im paying money to move my char. still the client regards anything around 400ms ping or lower as healthy which is my norm - thats still pretty good considering the Realm I play on is as many as 2000 to 3500 miles away depending on which part of the East coast its on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

im on 3mb Eircom and ping is consitently 80-120ms so im happy with that.
    although ive been thinking of leaving Eircom as all this fckin DNS problems mean i cant play wow or cant connect to any sites for guitar tabs with powertabs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

opendns.org, problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kakistos153

made sucessful runs of naxx10 with a vodafone mobile internet connection playing from the arse end of nowhere, kildare. it was laggy and i wasn't able to top dps or anything. but it was just about playable. no, wow's really not heavy on the internet requirements.

made sucessful runs of naxx10 with a vodafone mobile internet connection playing from the arse end of nowhere, kildare. it was laggy and i wasn't able to top dps or anything. but it was just about playable. no, wow's really not heavy on the internet requirements.

It's working great now, have no problems with it but it took over 8 hours to instal all the updates but it's fine now and am looking forward to getting wrath of the lich king installed

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

It should be fine. I used to run WoW on dial-up but now have UPC 10mb. Absolutely fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

try the new http://pingtest.net - its these stats that matter most, not necessarily your maximum bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I have upc 20mb line, its wireless so can be laggy at times. The only problem i can see with a 1mb kine is in BG's. Once you get into playing PvP, you will prolly lag like a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

The only thing that ever made me lag when I was on a 1mb was the amount of ram I had. WoW seems to eat up ram, once I upgraded everything was grand.

Advertisement