Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1993 dethleff globetrotter problems

Options
  • 22-09-2009 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

hi there,
    i bought my first motorhome as above 3 months ago ,went on a week long trip to the uk last week and had 2 problems that i was wondering somebody could advise me on.
    first problem was one night when hooked up on a site i heard a sound like a light bulb blowing but everything seemed ok the next morning.
    when we hooked up at next park the following nite connection was fine but stopped working during the nite
    the following nite i was hooked up somewhere else and no power was coming from the mains
    tried changing the fuses bit problem remained.
    any ideas?
    second problem is when we queued up to get on the ferry ,it would not start up.started when i got off the ferry but refused to start the following day.defo not the battery
    any suggestions would be very grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

When you say everything was working fine the next morning and stopped working during the night.....is it possible that you were not working off electricity but rather your leasure battery?

Did you check the LCB where the power comes into the van?........it would probably be burried in a press very close to the power inlet

Has your battery charger seen better days? or is it fused aswell?

No ideas on what to look for on the engine side of things.

Hope you get it sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If all the (car) electrics work but the starter motor won't turn it could be the solenoid on the starter motor is sticking in which case a tap with a long pole should unstick it but in the long run it will need sorting. Used to happen to my old R19 car.

As for the electrics if it's not a RLCB or trip get it looked at by somebody who know electricity any electrician should be able to sort it or at least tell you what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭sportbilly2008

hi, i opened the cover of the leisure battery and the magic eye thing indicated that the battery was not charged, so does that mean that something is blown or damaged between the mains hook up and the battery?

Advertisement