Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera shops Dublin

• 22-09-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Can't find a decent sticky on this, closest I found was an older thread, so I'm going to ask again.

Where's a good place to buy a P&S in Dublin. I'm looking specifically for a Canon Ixus 200, which is available on line for 279 sterling. Would I be dreaming to think I could get it at a comparable euro price in a bricks and mortar store in Dublin? Even considering 279 sterling is roughly 310 euro, and allowing the difference for delivery and peace of mind of warranty I'd probably pay 325 / 330.

Could anyone recommend any shops to check? I literally know none (I'm from Cork).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I find the Dublin Camera Exchange very good. Staff very helpful. Its in Georges Street and Trinity Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

John Gunn, Wexford st (opposite Whelan's pub) - (01) 478 1226

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

peter1892 wrote: »
    John Gunn, Wexford st (opposite Whelan's pub) - (01) 478 1226

I called them and they seemed nice and very helpful over the phone so I'll try and throw them some business even though it works out a little more than buying online...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I called them and they seemed nice and very helpful over the phone so I'll try and throw them some business even though it works out a little more than buying online...

they are great people in there, very helpful. bought a 4gb 'sandisk extreme 3' there the other day for 37euro, very nice price for a 'brick&mortar' store and I am confident its not counterfeit like what you can get online when you buy cheaper!

Advertisement