Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Clobber

• 22-09-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Heading to a wedding soon, Have no money to buy any suit & don't plan on buying one.(let go from job, Broke)

Do i really need to wear a jacket to a wedding???

Not a very Important guest, All i have is black trousers, white shirts, couple of ties lying around the house.
    Any idea What colour tie goes best with black trousers & white shirt?

Would this be suitable or will i look like a right pleb?

Cheers guys for any input

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Course you don't have to wear a jacket! Sounds like you're already making an effort with the shirt and tie.

If someone invites you to their wedding it is because they want your company on the big day, what you wear doesnt come into it- at least it shouldnt.

At our wedding one of my brother-in-laws wore jeans and a shirt, he didn't have a suit either and that was fine with us. No point in him spending money he didn't have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

guys tend to take the jacets off and loose them at wedding so your better off not having that worry especially if its gonna put you deeper in the red buying one in the first place......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Not at all, no need for a jacket. Any colour tie would go with a black trousers and white shirt. Enjoy the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

0tinytim0 wrote: »
    Heading to a wedding soon, Have no money to buy any suit & don't plan on buying one.(let go from job, Broke)

Not a very Important guest, All i have is black trousers, white shirts, couple of ties lying around the house.

Would this be suitable or will i look like a right pleb?

Cheers guys for any input

If you could suss out the style of the wedding beforehand that should tell you. Is it very formal or totally relaxed? Is it 300 people in the K Club or finger food in the local? Are you going for the whole day or just the afters? If it's at the formal end of the scale, any chance you could borrow a jacket from another friend?

Also how soon is soon? If it's in December, any jacket would be a necessity!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 0tinytim0

Yes i'll be at the church & Reception, I know the people but theyd never be well dressed LOL, so i'm sure it will be suits but not black tie, It aint nothing special bout 80 or so people, in a small country house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

Yes i'll be at the church & Reception, I know the people but theyd never be well dressed LOL, so i'm sure it will be suits but not black tie, It aint nothing special bout 80 or so people, in a small country house.

Reckon you'll be ok then (if it was black tie that would definitely be on the invite!) but have you any smart overcoat of sorts in case the weather is lousy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I'm going to disagree with the others. You could be mistaken for a waiter in black trousers and white shirt, a coloured shirt would probably be better. Also if you're unemployed you need a suit for any interviews you might have to atttend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 0tinytim0

cch wrote: »
    Reckon you'll be ok then (if it was black tie that would definitely be on the invite!) but have you any smart overcoat of sorts in case the weather is lousy?

OK just went through me oul wardrobe and found a suit i thought was too small, fits like a glove, wierd material though.

It will do i think.

The dots of dirt are on my camera

image-upload-175-755529.jpg

Advertisement