Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ucd soccer team belfield bowl

Options
  • 22-09-2009 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭

What's the story with going to matches here? do you need to pay in? how much is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

Prices are set by the FAI, not the clubs - I think its about €15 normal, €5 for kids. If you have a UCD student ID its also €5. I think the nmormal student FAI price is €10, but UCD do a special because they are a university club.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

oneway wrote: »
    Prices are set by the FAI, not the clubs - I think its about €15 normal, €5 for kids. If you have a UCD student ID its also €5. I think the nmormal student FAI price is €10, but UCD do a special because they are a university club.

Sounds reasonable for a team that are top of the league!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

what bout rugby???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Sounds reasonable for a team that are top of the league!

division 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

division 1

Yes, that is the league they are in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

It's sometime free in if you have a student card. Well it was the two times I went last semester anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

It's being free for UCD Students for the last few home games.
    Next home game is versus Longford Town on Friday 23rd Oct. ko 19:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Depp wrote: »
    what bout rugby???

They got relegated last season (last game, last play and they scored a drop goal to relegate us... so sick.) so are in div2 this season. Won our first two games with bonus points so far. I think we'll get promoted to div1b without too much difficulty.

I was at their home match this season and didn't pay in, dunno if thats because I'm a member of the rugby club, but I didn't see anyone collecting money so think it's free in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Fair play to you lot if you go to UCD home games. Seriously, they need all the support they can get. Fair play.

Fair play to you lot if you go to UCD home games. Seriously, they need all the support they can get. Fair play.

The soccer team have a great chance of winning the First Division and getting promotion straight away back up the Premier Division.
    Players like Ronan Finn and brothers Dave and Evan McMillan they've shook up the 1st div. this year.

• Advertisement

Champions!!!!

UCD AFC won the FAI First Division Championship one week early when they out-played Athlone Town away 5-0 and Shels lost to Longfors in Tolka.

UCD will play the likes of Bohs, Pats, Sporting Fingal, Cork and Galway next season. Manager Martin Russell has a good crop of players and with one or two additions the team is good enough to give anybody a game.

They play their final league game next Staurday at the UCD Bowl 19:45 against Waterford Utd. There'll be plenty of people there applauding the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

LiamMc wrote: »
    Champions!!!!

UCD AFC won the FAI First Division Championship one week early when they out-played Athlone Town away 5-0 and Shels lost to Longfors in Tolka.

UCD will play the likes of Bohs, Pats, Sporting Fingal, Cork and Galway next season. Manager Martin Russell has a good crop of players and with one or two additions the team is good enough to give anybody a game.

They play their final league game next Staurday at the UCD Bowl 19:45 against Waterford Utd. There'll be plenty of people there applauding the team.

Don't think they'll be playing Fingal next year as they'll still be in Div One, there's still a chance they wont be playing Bohs and Cork if the FAI grew a pair of balls and punished cheats correctly.

Fair play to UCD and Rusty. Was delighted that they won the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Fair play to them winning the League. Back in the premier division where they will probably the most economically viable team there.

vote4pedro wrote: »
    Don't think they'll be playing Fingal next year as they'll still be in Div One, there's still a chance they wont be playing Bohs and Cork if the FAI grew a pair of balls and punished cheats correctly.

(Is this the start of the prediction thread).

The match in the Bowl on Saturday will be another highlight of the season. There's likely to be a few Football Celebreties knocking about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭drzhivago

Champions!!!!

Fantastic- need more promotion among the students to get crowds though, particularly in Summer when so many spanish kids staying on UCD campus for their English classes, wont make money at the gates but would selling Tshirts, caps and playing shirts

TBH when they went down I thought it was a farce, the only club that weren't in financial trouble and they get relegated others forgiven or very lax attitude taken to how club finances are run

Yeah, spot on with regards promotions on attendances. They should easily average a gate of 1000 in the Premier Division. Hopefully some good marketing in the college would help this.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Yeah, spot on with regards promotions on attendances. They should easily average a gate of 1000 in the Premier Division. Hopefully some good marketing in the college would help this.

I remember the games in Belfield Park used to be on a Thursday night, if UCD played their home games on a Thursday, they'd get a larger attendance. College on a Friday evening is generally dead.

I though that there would be a larger support there on Saturday. Waterford, who had nothing to play for had a much larger and noisier support. Hopefully Premier Division soccer will bring bad the fans and stop the chant, 'Sh*t team, no fans', by every other club!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Gingy wrote: »
    I remember the games in Belfield Park used to be on a Thursday night, if UCD played their home games on a Thursday, they'd get a larger attendance. College on a Friday evening is generally dead.

I though that there would be a larger support there on Saturday. Waterford, who had nothing to play for had a much larger and noisier support. Hopefully Premier Division soccer will bring bad the fans and stop the chant, 'Sh*t team, no fans', by every other club!

Tough call on how the support would go if they played on thursday. It would definitely make it more excessible to students, but away support would drop and they would be competing with a lot more European football.

Dya reckon a "free in with UCD student card" game would attract fans?

• Advertisement

Dya reckon a "free in with UCD student card" game would attract fans?

We have that entitlement already at the UCD Bowl.

A soccer society in UCD needs to be created to encourage the students on campus to identify with the team.

A soccer society in UCD needs to be created to encourage the students on campus to identify with the team.

Jaysus, I never knew that. I'll be getting in free next year :P

There used to be a SoccerSoc before didn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

That was only for selected matches. Ones that they knew they wouldn't have a decent crowd at.

Soccer Society wouldn't be a bad idea, but then you'd have to create a GAA society, Rugby Society, Caving and Potholing Society etc...

Jaysus, I never knew that. I'll be getting in free next year :P

There used to be a SoccerSoc before didn't there?
    Gingy wrote: »
    That was only for selected matches. Ones that they knew they wouldn't have a decent crowd at.

Soccer Society wouldn't be a bad idea, but then you'd have to create a GAA society, Rugby Society, Caving and Potholing Society etc...

There was a Society in the Campus in the early 00's but that soccer society didn't continue for a few reasons.

A Society that actively recruits and allows new members to take over positions as older members leave will help with replenishing the Society and make it sustainable that it can last longer than it's predecessor.

FAI U21 Final
    UCD Under-21's v. Salthill Devon U21
    UCD Bowl
    Wednesday 02 December 2009 (moved from Tuesday night)

UCD won all their group games including St. Pats twice, Shamrock Rvs twice and Bray Wanderers twice. They then beat Limerick on penalties and Bray wanders again in the semis.
    Alot of the firstteam squad play in this team Keith Ward, Graham Rusk, Pete McMahon among others.

Salthill Devon have been pretty successful at Junior level in Connaught and their senior team got promoted to the LoI First Division this season.
    They will be a tough match for UCD and the Students are fortunate to have this game at home.

Advertisement