Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap pyrograpy or waste of cash ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭centre half

For a 10er I think they are worth getting, to try at least. I'm going to anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

A tenner of mine will be going in that direction :) That way Mrs ttm can do some pyrography with a 10euro soldering Iron and not my 120euro temperture contolled soldering station ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

I think for a tenner you couldn't not have a try at one.I'll be getting one tom when I take back the webcam I bought yesterday that doesn't work:mad:although I didn't notice them when I was there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hmm, I was in there today and didn't see them either. I can't imagine them being that popular that they'd have sold out already. I'll have another look at the weekend and get one if they still have them ... can't really go wrong for that price.

Thinking about it this is only a soldering iron under another name and you can get a soldering iron cheaper than 10 euro. Just classic LIDL marketing ;)

• Advertisement

Would you get more than a couple of tips though?

aerosol wrote: »
    Would you get more than a couple of tips though?

Its not like soldering? Tips will wear out but not in the same way, cleaning would be a bit more abrasive though so spare tips would be a nice thougth but for a tenner you'd be lucky to get a leaflet that says spare tips are available for xx from yyyy which is what LIDL do for electic tooth brushes that need spare brushes and other items that need regular service parts.

I'm a sucker for Lidl marketing:D

You me and a good few boardsies :p

Why else would they sell out stuff every week. LOL best of all cheaper stuff like this ends up comming out of the house keeping ;) shusssssssh :P

Too right ttm, I usually do the shoping:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

It's a pity that they hardly ever have the orbital sanders for sale.. they're great value at 35... I've bought about five!!!!.. (they do wear out when used all the time, I still get hundreds of hours out of each one.. they work great with the wet / dry auto switching vacuum for 70)

they work great with the wet / dry auto switching vacuum for 70)

That vac at 70euro is bloody brilliant. I found the same one on eBay (Branded Fox - so we all know who is selling that) for 120pounds + delivery for the 110V version and have seen the same unit in a Hardware shop here at over 100euros.

We use it with the bags (eBay do them at about a 10 for a 10 quid from the UK) and that keeps the main filter from getting blocked as it will eventually without the bags, but even the filter can be got cheap enough on eBay.

My wife bought one and uses it as her main vacuum cleaner - I might have to buy another :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I picked up one of those wet dry vacs this morning, seems like a lot of kit for €69.99, can't go too far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I had great fun with this machine yesterday, shampooed and wet vacuumed the seats and carpets in my car, did a great job! I'm looking forward to using it with my portable electric saw and router, the hose supplied is ideal, very flexible and far better than the standard hose on a domestic vacuum cleaner.

Did the pyrography tools ever arrive? I was late to my local Lidl this week and didn't see any sign of them and I didn't think they'd be that popular?

Did buy a Drain unblocking tool wtf they always find someting to tempt you :o

Advertisement