Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RR Martin to visit Dublin

Options
  • 22-09-2009 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Looks like all those wondering about when"Dance with Dragons" will be on sale will be able to ask him face to face.
    well those in Dublin and belfast will
    Casting on the HBO pilot of A GAME OF THRONES continues, but there's not much I can say about it, except in generalities. Another of the supporting roles has been filled, I am told, and offers have been made on several more. Now we're waiting to see if those deals will close, which of course depends on things like schedule, terms, money, and such. If all the pieces fall into place, we'll have some exciting and talented additions to the cast.

No, I have no idea when HBO will make their next cast announcement.

Two major roles and some small ones remain unfilled as I write.

Looks like I will be flying over to Ireland to watch some of the filming. Still trying to figure out the dates. Since I will be over there anyway, it seems like a good opportunity to meet some of my Irish fans, so I will likely be doing a couple of signings while I'm there. One in Belfast, almost certainly, and maybe a second in Dublin. We'll see what arrangements can be made. Details will here and on my Appearances page, once I know 'em.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Will get my books signed before beating him over the head with them yelling 'Publish a Dance with Dragons already!!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Book signing dates and times.

Coming to Ireland
    • Sep. 22nd, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Arrangements are still being worked out, but I have some tentative dates and times for my appearances in Ireland in November.

On Tuesday, November 3, I will be speaking and signing at Eason's Bookstore in Belfast. The event begins at 1:00 pm. Or 1300 for you European types.

On Thursday, November 5, I will be at Eason's on O'Connell Street in Dublin. This event begins at 5:00 pm, or 1700.

More details when I have 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Taken a mental note. I might pop down if I'm feeling particularly sad to get my books signed (and to beat him with lead pipe as JD says). I imagine he'd storm off in a huff if you asked him about when DoD will be finished.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

On Thursday, November 5, I will be at Eason's on O'Connell Street in Dublin. This event begins at 5:00 pm, or 1700.
    Cool - I shall be there!

But what to get signed... :confused:

I'd say the queue will be only feckin' huge.

Advertisement