Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half life movie?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

What the hell is this? I came across it today and im not sure what to make of it, but it has all the signs of a halflife movie...

What do you think? And does anyone have any info on this?

Cheers

http://babel-research.eu/witb/stream/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

nah... I think it's some students video project

We where talking about it back in March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Cheers for that link dude... looks awesome

Fair play to them

EDIT: I was trying to find the half-life thread :)
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 83,301 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

thread #7374 about this.

nobody is sure what it is. yes it uses a lot of HL2 references. No, nobody really thinks its a movie. More like a college student's Project gone totally Viral.

edit: actually it seems like something Niel Blomkamp would have done. dont read into it much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Whatever it is, its brilliantly done. Really reall good. However, for a different perspective on Half Life, (well half life 1 anyway), watch The Mist by Stephen King. Afaik, it was his novel that actually inspired the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

EnterNow wrote: »
    Whatever it is, its brilliantly done. Really reall good. However, for a different perspective on Half Life, (well half life 1 anyway), watch The Mist by Stephen King. Afaik, it was his novel that actually inspired the game

If The Mist did inspire the game, then I'd say Half Life 1 was set just before the events in the Mist, and Half Life 2 is set after it. Excellent film btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

L31mr0d wrote: »
    If The Mist did inspire the game, then I'd say Half Life 1 was set just before the events in the Mist, and Half Life 2 is set after it. Excellent film btw.

I think Half Life 1 is (would be) set around the time of the mist, as thats when the actual accident happened. Half Life 2 comes after, as you said. Really great film I agree.

Advertisement