Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criminal record

Options
  • 22-09-2009 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Im looking for advice regarding my boyfriends crinimal record for fraud. He received a suspended sentence 12 years ago. He was mixed up with drugs at the time, he has been sober since and completely changed his life. He got a degree from college and contributed a lot to the community coaching soccer and gaa teams. He also gave a lot of his time to voluntary services including child line. He has had the same employment for the last six years and has an impeccable record. However he really to get rid of his criminal record if at all possible. I know there is nothing in place in the legislation but he has been told by a solicitor before that there is a court process you can go through? I want to know is this true? How do you go about initiating/applying for these proceedings? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

frecks wrote: »
    I know there is nothing in place in the legislation but he has been told by a solicitor before that there is a court process you can go through?

If he was told by a solicitor, why didn't he get more specific information from that same solicitor??

Advertisement