Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler Service

Options
  • 22-09-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

HI,

I need to get my gas boiler serviced - dont think it has been serviced in over 3 years +

Any recommendations on who I should get to service this and what i should be looking out for?
    A "Declaration of Conformance" was also mentioned in other posts. Do the gas service folks have to provide one of these and if so do you pay extra?
    Any advise?

Thanks

Comments

Any service done on a natural gas boiler( lpg to follow later in the year) will require a Declaration of Conformance, the engineer must leave one, this helps protect you from dodgy workers, because if anything is found to be dangerous after the service RGII can track down the service engineer via the paperwork, also only registered engineers will have the certificates, have a look for a
    engineer on the RGII site: http://rgii.ie/Consumerservices/FindaGasInstaller/tabid/64/Default.aspx, Gary.

Advertisement