Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Village Shopping Outlet

Options
  • 22-09-2009 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Whats your opinion about the outlet.

To be honest for me,I ind it tooexpensive, with exceptions for the nike shop etc.factory prices in there on clothing and footwear. Although there is suppose to be such a percentage off most shops Istill find it expensive. The enviorment i must say is excellent, the buildings and grounds is very inviting and european feel.

Share your thoughts:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

It's really pretty and I was delighted to see it wasn't just some big tk max looking shed style thing.

BUT I never really find anything I want when I go there. Unless you're a big fan of the specific brands they have there then I don't think it's great. You'd be better off around Henry St and check out Arnotts, Clerys and Debenhams sales etc for good quality nice stuff that is not a year out of season.

The Italian restaurant is fab though- I'd go back just to have lunch there to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Im with Sue on this ...the Italian restaurant is fabulous...sister venue to one in the Dundrum Centre...Shops wise ,apart from shoes for the kiddies Id never buy anything in there ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

nice place to visit but only ever bought anything in Nike store and Clarks (and even there not much). Hard to get clothes or shoes unless you take XS or XL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Hey OP- would agree/disagree to a certain point in terms of prices being too expensive if any of that makes sense :o

1. Mens Suits are very good value compared to dublin prices.

2. Shirts- these too are also much cheaper but range is somewhat limited

3. While the household electrical stuff is limited in range, if you need an Iron, frying pan or some piece of le cruset, then theres value to be found

4. The branded shops in the centre are generally a lot more pricey in the normal high street stores so its more a case of less pricey in the Kildare outlet stores rather than cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Dont really like it to be honest, most of the shops are still very expensive (maybe good bit cheaper than elsewhere - but still), clothes out of fashion, difficult to find regular sizes a lot of the time, food there is majorly expensive too. Personally I wouldnt recommend it, but about a month ago my cousin from England was over and brought him over and he absolutely loved it so maybe its just me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

You need to understand the concept of Kildare Village to know if it suit you.

They have no interest in the person who shops in new look / next / penneys. Their interest is in the brown thomas / dundrum centre shopper and offer them an interesting shopping trip where their eye might catch a bargain.

Clothing wise for women, places like this are hit and miss as womens fashion changes so quickly and their can be problem with choice of sizes. For men however the choice is excellent as we're not too fussy if 20 people are wearing the same shirt and a dark suit is exactly that.

For hadbags / sports clothes / kids clothes its excellent as are the kitchen / home stores.

They say their are 8 new stores opening before Christmas and possibly a Tommy Hilfiger store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

Agree with Ferris Bueller about the sizes- if you're lucky enough to see something you like then you need to be twice as lucky to find it in your size. I find there are always lots of petite stuff and size 6 etc but you'd be doing well to find a size 10.

It's a nice place if you're bored and have nothing at all else to do to pass a few hours. But the chances of finding things to buy that you like and that fit you...slim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

I dont like it that much. Its trying to be like Woodbury Commons just outside New York (buildings are pretty much the same) but if you google Woodbury Commons to compare it to the Kildare Outlet, there is no comparison. Woodbury Commons has hundreds and hundreds of shops, everyhting that anyone could want. Expensive brands and cheap brands, something to suit everyone. Where as Kildare has a handful of shops and you are done looking there in less than an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

owned by the same people as woodbury common.they have outlets "villages" in numerous countries all with the same design.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I think the guys' stuff is way better than the girls' stuff - you can get really good suits, shirts and ties there for really good value. The girls' stuff isn't as good, and it's much harder to find something nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Superdry & Cult Clothing are opening soon in the village as are La Coste. Superdry are also taking the former Habitat unit in Dublin City.

Whilst Kildare Village is not for everyone, it is great to have such a facility on the doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Linus67

The only good thing about Kildare Village is Starbucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Linus67 wrote: »

Its not that bad is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

Bought Rayban sunglasses there before my hols, they were 35 euro cheaper than in duty free.
    And it is handy for a nice cup of coffee.... the coffee stand, not starbucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Linus67 wrote: »

That is one of the main reasons i dislike the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭poms

I have to agree with Ferris there, I was never in a Starbucks before they came to Kildare village, but I was very dissappointed with Starbucks as they seriously overpriced and nothing tastes nice

I also have to agree with the sizes, I can never find mine. But Clarkes is good as in Nike store and the make up store...thats bout it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Will_H

Agree totally with Convert & Cicero - very good value to be had on Mens suits/ties/shirts....but that's about it really! Needed a new kettle recently, but nothing to be had here..

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

one of the shops is being revamped to become Hugo Boss and there's a Tomy Hilfigher sign in another one. Any idea when these will open. Saville Tilors Guild has a good selection of suits and prices are quite good. Hacket also opened recently. Never owned something by them but good to know it's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

signs on doors said both opening 23rd sept - this thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

I live near Kildare Village. I really like it but it's not for everyone. If you like more upmarket brands like Karen Millen, Petit Bateau, Ralph Lauren, Le Creuset, Cath Kidston...then I think you will like it. Unless you get annoyed with past season merchandise and possible stains, tears, etc.

I do think the prices are a bit high for an outlet though. I usually only shop when they have an extra 10 or 20% off. You can sign up for their newsletters which will let you know when they have these sales on. Also, I think you can get a discount card for the day for an extra 10% if you go to the Visitor Info centre.

You could probably get the same prices by shopping in comparable shops in Dundrum, Whitewater, etc when they have sales.

I think it has a great atmosphere on a sunny day when you can walk around without getting wet. The Italian restaurant is great, and Starbucks is always packed and hard to find seats.

I'm American and love the outlets in the States. Much more selection and shops and better prices of course. But it's a start, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Visited it last week (last Thursday actually). Went into Hacket. If someone gave me the stuff they have free of charge, I would not wear it. Just my opinion.
    Boss was good. Suits at a decent price. Selection of suits OK. Other items not that good but they will be bringing in more I was told. The Boss shop is not a franchise but operated directly by the mother-ship in Germany.
    Tomy Hlifigher is a woman's shop so no comments as I went in and out.

regedit wrote: »
    Visited it last week (last Thursday actually). Went into Hacket. If someone gave me the stuff they have free of charge, I would not wear it. Just my opinion.

But if every shopping centre only had shops that suited one type of person, they'd all fail!

Hackett suits a certain type of gent. - The blazer stiff upper lip types, henley regatta tyes etc. It doesn't suit me, but that doesn't mean that thousands of others won't like it.

I hate Karen millen - they never have anything to suit me :D (6' 2" male)

Agree with Hilfiger - tiny almost non existent mens dept, ridiculously loud music and no great pricing. - Most product is from their elegant ranges rathee than their more popular casual ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

hi all.....im planning on heading there soon......does any1 know what the raplh lauren store is like .....eg prices ....styles of clothing...footwear etc.....thanks

domino123 wrote: »
    hi all.....im planning on heading there soon......does any1 know what the raplh lauren store is like .....eg prices ....styles of clothing...footwear etc.....thanks

Very good for mens - a lot of buy 2 get €xx off each. - makes shirts about €45.
    Jeans mostly about €70, rugby shirts about €60, polos about €35 chinos about €50.

Womens - excellent for cardigans / jumpers / polo shirts / shirts

Kids quite good too.

Very little footwear - in fact this is the one area that Kildare is weak on imo - clarks are basic and then its just bally & lk bennett.

2 doors away is lacoste which is similar in style to lauren - but much smaller shop.

Avoid sunday afternoons - it gets quite busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

thanks very much.....great help........2 more q's......wats d best way 2 get there from dublin and what are the prices of mens hoodies like.....if there are any.
    thanks

tons of hoodies - Quicksilver, Jack Wills, Nike, Levis, Reebok, Pepe, Deseigual, superdry all sell hoodies of various types and various prices.

By car M7 junction 13. - Its overlokjing the motorway.
    Train - Hueston to Kildare town + free shuttle bus.

Advertisement