Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED: All parts for a Time Trial bike...everything needed!

Options
  • 22-09-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

(NOTE: This was also posted here on WeightWeenies as I have found them good for stuff like this in the past, but decided to stay loyal to the Boards.ie side of me and see what stuff I can get here! Would also be better for bigger items like frames/wheels in relation to shipping as I could collect and not have to pay ridiculous postage fees. Also, I could look at certain stuff in real life, maybe even test it out before splashing out without ever actually seeing it. Sure let me know if you have anything to offer, I mean anything, and let me know where you are based. Cheers! ;))

Hi guys, I'm looking at building up a Time Trial bike for myself at the moment so I need everything you could possibly think of except for the crankset (and cables, but let me know anyway if you have some to offer, cheers)! I don't just need the frame (small sizes please), aerobars and bar end shifters/brake levers, but everything down to the front and rear derailleurs, front and rear brakes, chain, TT specific saddle, stem, seatpost, pedals, bottle cages and maybe even a disc wheel if I can get a good value one! I already have a decent set of deep-ish section aero wheels at the moment that might do, but let me know if you have one to offer, I might still be interested especially if it is a nice rear disc wheel at a good price! Also, I am looking for an aero TT helmet, anything will do as long as it hasn't been crashed and is around a medium size. I would definitely be very interested on one of these.

So....as you can see, all parts, bits and pieces will be considered so just let me know what you have! I'd be looking to build it up quite cheaply with good/decent components so basically a good value build. I've no idea what spec I'd like to aim for so it doesn't matter how good or bad your stuff is, just make sure let me know about it. I'm a small guy (just over 5'7" and of a very slight build) so keep that in mind if offering items with different sizes available like frames, handlebars (width) etc. Also, pictures of everything would really help when contacting me, and try to do the best you can on the price. New and used items will be accepted. Please no time wasters and people asking ridiculous prices trying to make money on things! If you have more than one thing to offer, try and put together some sort of deal and let me know the best possible price you can do when bought together.

I look forward to hearing from you soon! Thanks in advance for your help, I genuinely really appreciate it.
    Kind Regards,
    Home:Ballyhoura

Cheers :D

Advertisement