Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Freeze

Options
  • 22-09-2009 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience around the freezing of a loan from the bank or the credit union. The reason i am asking this is that i am thinking of going traveling for 12-18 months but the only thing stopping me is loan repayments. would it be possible to pay just the interest for this amount of time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

LongAA wrote: »
    Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience around the freezing of a loan from the bank or the credit union. The reason i am asking this is that i am thinking of going traveling for 12-18 months but the only thing stopping me is loan repayments. would it be possible to pay just the interest for this amount of time?

Sure ask them for a moratorium or you can request they take a look at restructuring your loan.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

LongAA wrote: »
    Hi,

I highly doubt they'll look at a payment freeze or a restructure if it's just so you can go travelling. Whatever about if it was a hardship case, but in this instance I'd say they'll tell you no. Give your branch a call and see if they can do anything for you.

Advertisement