Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Activities in Scotland in October

Options
  • 22-09-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Thinking about booking a weeks break in Scotland. Would love to do some Hillwalking, maybe some Caving and Canyoning.

Has anybody here been to Scotland on an adventure holiday before?

Where would you recommend. There seems to be a lot of options, so choosing which place to book is proving difficult.

Using this site for ideas: http://adventure.visitscotland.com/adventure-search/

If anyone has any personal opinions I'd love to hear them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

Try Active Outdoor Pursuits based in Aviemore, near the Cairngorms. It's run by Roy and Sophia Gibbons and is a very good place. www.activeoutdoorpursuits.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Try Active Outdoor Pursuits based in Aviemore, near the Cairngorms. It's run by Roy and Sophia Gibbons and is a very good place. www.activeoutdoorpursuits.com

I actually found that site as well yesterday and it does have everything I'm after. Offers accommodation and daily guided activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

If you go with them I'd suggest not staying in Newtonmore village though, it's a bit small and quiet. Aviemore is a great lively place with good pubs and food. Try a deep fried mars bar!!

Advertisement