Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry skin

• 22-09-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

I have a problem lately alot i have been getting dry skin around my ribs and waist area :( My washing machine broke and have been bringing the clothes to a launderette. I am thinking its the powder they are using cause i had shown an allergic reaction like this before from using different powders.I do intend on bringing my own powder in future to see if that helps. But any suggestions other than this possibility it could be?
    Perhaps i am lacking in something and i don't know .

P.S if i posted in wrong section sorry i couldn't find anything related to skin issues except here.

Any help appreciated Thanks C :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eveb2

The best thing for dry skin, is moisterise, moisterise, moisterise! And the best mosteriser I have ever found is E45. It can be found in most chemists and shopping stores such as Tescos. The last bottle I bought was around 8euro which isn't bad for the condition it leaves your skin in!
    You should also invest in the shower gel they have. It smells basically of, nothing, but if your skin is bad it will be very benaficial!
    I'm sure you could talk to the laundrette about what powder they use if it's really irratating your skin:P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I really don't think this belongs here, but I've no idea where to re-direct it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

eveb2 wrote: »
    The best thing for dry skin, is moisterise, moisterise, moisterise! And the best mosteriser I have ever found is E45. It can be found in most chemists and shopping stores such as Tescos. The last bottle I bought was around 8euro which isn't bad for the condition it leaves your skin in!
    You should also invest in the shower gel they have. It smells basically of, nothing, but if your skin is bad it will be very benaficial!
    I'm sure you could talk to the laundrette about what powder they use if it's really irratating your skin:P

Thanks eve:) I will try that.
    It really does i have great skin normally but wow lately since using that launderette:( Its the only thing i have changed,so only thing i can think of. And not on my face or arms or anywhere else, seems to be around any waist band bra areas i am getting it :(
    I was thinking of bringing my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

An File wrote: »
    I really don't think this belongs here, but I've no idea where to re-direct it...

Yeah i couldnt find anywhere to put it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Maybe fashion and appearance? I just don't think you'll get much help here. It sounds like the washing detergent is irritating your skin, so I'd say ask the people to use a non-bio detergent and use moisturiser to make your skin less dry. If it starts to get itchy or very flaky see your GP.

I'm moving this to F&A so you might get more helpful answers!

• Advertisement
Advertisement