Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Navigator Europe NT 2010.20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

btmason wrote: »
    I downloaded twice last night, with Firefox and Explorer, and got a Fatal error both times. Did you get it to work?
    I managed it no problem. Took ages though even on a 6Mbit/s connection ... I think everyone else was downloading it as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Fatal error at 99%, what a bummer, took several hours, failed integrity test far as I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 btmason

bogman wrote: »
    Fatal error at 99%, what a bummer, took several hours, failed integrity test far as I remember

Exactly the same Im getting. Ive tried it 3 times same error. any more takers on this problem

Exactly the same Im getting. Ive tried it 3 times same error. any more takers on this problem
    Did you use Garmin's Java based download manager thingy? If so, I'd first give it a try just with a 'normal' download (cancel the popup for the download manager and click on the download link on the page) or if that fails try with another download manager. Also try temporarily disabling your virus scanner for the duration of the download.

Alun wrote: »
    Did you use Garmin's Java based download manager thingy? If so, I'd first give it a try just with a 'normal' download (cancel the popup for the download manager and click on the download link on the page) or if that fails try with another download manager. Also try temporarily disabling your virus scanner for the duration of the download.

Iv tried the Java based download manager as stated 3 times on my computer (Windows Vista 64 bit). But Im now downloading the file on a different computer (Windows XP 32 bit) on a more basic download manager. I hav'nt tried disabling the Antivirus yet.(Kaspersky internet Security 2010). Wont know of sucess for another 2 hours, as it is still downloading the 3.46GB file.

• Advertisement

Failure a second time, this is rich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

ok do this.

1. double click on the file update you downloaded.
    2. let it extract files, and when you see the first garmin splash screen leave it there and ignore it
    3. click start , run, type in %temp% and press enter
    4. there should be a folder in there called 7zS3E8A.tmp
    5. make a dir on c drive called garmin2 and copy folder into it.
    6. when folder copied in to the garmin2 folder , click cancel on the garmin app
    7. go into the folder called 7zS3E8A.tmp that you copied to your c drive
    8. look for the img folder and go into it.
    9. run the file called CNEUNT2010Update_ENU ( an install package)
    10 this installs the new map to your pc.
    11. go to your my garmin web page and make note of the new unlock code ( a new code should have been generated and stored under ' manage maps' when you downloaded the map update
    12. fire up mapsource and enter new unlock code, and verify that the maps are unlocked
    13. close mapsource, and now run the garmin mapinstaller app that is now installed on your pc under the garmin program group.
    14. now select and install maps from the map installer program to install maps to gps.

sorry bout the long post but this defo works. used this procedure many times before, and also to install the mapsource program on different pc's

VOILA!

is the failure downloading the update file, or running the update on the pc?

Honda08 wrote: »
    ok do this.

1. double click on the file update you downloaded.
    2. let it extract files, and when you see the first garmin splash screen leave it there and ignore it
    3. click start , run, type in %temp% and press enter
    4. there should be a folder in there called 7zS3E8A.tmp
    Alternatively if you have WinRAR , 7Zip or some other archive extraction program installed you can simply right click on the executable and choose to extract the files to a folder directly.

However, I'm assuming the error messages people are getting are referring to the (self extracting) archive somehow being corrupt, so this may not necessarily help.

Alternatively if you have WinRAR , 7Zip or some other archive extraction program installed you can simply right click on the executable and choose to extract the files to a folder directly.

However, I'm assuming the error messages people are getting are referring to the (self extracting) archive somehow being corrupt, so this may not necessarily help.

you are wrong on your first point.
    i think the extract works 100% its when the map is updating to the gps via the update program that they get the error.

• Advertisement

i think the extract works 100% its when the map is updating to the gps via the update program that they get the error.
    What makes you think that?

Are you running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. If so, disable it. Preferably download the file using no anti virus of firewall. I finally got it in after the 5th attempt when I disabled Kaspersky. give it a shot.

Are you running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. If so, disable it. Preferably download the file using no anti virus of firewall. I finally got it in after the 5th attempt when I disabled Kaspersky. give it a shot.

On the ball, thanks for that, ill try that now, good to see input from all here

Good to hear that it worked! I've had problems before when downloading very large installation files that contain large numbers of packed / archived files with an antivirus package that attempts to scan the individual files (as many do these days).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

No. He's not.

Successfully installed Europe 2010.20 on my Garmin 860. Since then I can't do upgrade checks using Webupdater or Garmin communicator through their site.
    The computer still sees the sat nav through the USB. I also checked this on a different computer to rule out any computer issues. Webupdater will not see the sat nav on either computer.
    This concludes to me that the information on the sat nav that webupdater is looking for is corrupted.
    I downloaded the latest update and manually installed it without webupdater. Ran webupdater and still failed.
    The satnav is currently working, but I will no longer be able to update it any further. Is this a Garmin issue? Has any of you have the same issues?

I installed the maps without any problems, but cannot unlock them.
    Do you have to go through the [Unlock online] option?

When I enter the Product key (which I get from the manage maps page), I get 'Invalid Product Key'. Anyone have this problem?

I installed the maps without any problems, but cannot unlock them.
    Do you have to go through the [Unlock online] option?

When I enter the Product key (which I get from the manage maps page), I get 'Invalid Product Key'. Anyone have this problem?
    No, no problem here. I just ran the install which installed Mapsource and the maps, and then created the map image and copied it to the GPS. I didn't have to do any manual unlocking of the maps via Mapsource, nor did I have to enter the Product Key manually at any stage. I assume that this happened transparently at some stage during the install. Were you connected to the Internet all through the install process?

Successfully installed Europe 2010.20 on my Garmin 860. Since then I can't do upgrade checks using Webupdater or Garmin communicator through their site.
    The computer still sees the sat nav through the USB. I also checked this on a different computer to rule out any computer issues. Webupdater will not see the sat nav on either computer.
    This concludes to me that the information on the sat nav that webupdater is looking for is corrupted.
    I downloaded the latest update and manually installed it without webupdater. Ran webupdater and still failed.
    The satnav is currently working, but I will no longer be able to update it any further. Is this a Garmin issue? Has any of you have the same issues?
    Again no problems here. I did notice that right at the beginning of the install, it did a s/w update on my nuvi 760 before allowing me to continue with the map installation. Did you get that too? There was no mention in the change log for the update that would lead me to believe that there was anything in there that had to do with the latest map versions, but you never know.

Have you got the latest versions of Webupdater and the Communicator plugin?

Are you running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. If so, disable it. Preferably download the file using no anti virus of firewall

Worked 100% dont notice major changes other than parts of the N7 upgraded to read M7 (Any others notice changes?)
    Distances to various locations around the country remain the same, times to destinations reduced

• Advertisement

I think I resolved it. I installed the Maps from the CNEUNT2010Update_ENU.msi file, whereas I should have done it from the Windows\setup.exe, which actually performs an update on the GPS, then unlocks the maps. Thanks.

One thing I did notice about this update was that it uninstalled the old map sets from Mapsource which is a bit of a nuisance .. makes it difficult to compare old and new versions to see what's changed.

Major updates to Irish banks in points of interest and not before time.
    Shopping updates also

Garmin Nümaps - Full European Lifetime Map Updates
    £79.52 & post from Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-N%C3%...6399153&sr=8-1
    EUR 86.64

Beats Garmins 119€ hands down

Again no problems here. I did notice that right at the beginning of the install, it did a s/w update on my nuvi 760 before allowing me to continue with the map installation. Did you get that too? There was no mention in the change log for the update that would lead me to believe that there was anything in there that had to do with the latest map versions, but you never know.

Have you got the latest versions of Webupdater and the Communicator plugin?

Ihave the latest, I downloaded them on a different computer this morning.

Update actually cost me 93.63€ with Amazon when they implemented our Irish rip off VAT charges (they deducted the UK 15% first)

Good value compared to Garmins own website

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wow I actually got an e-mail from Garmin to notify me of the update.

Havent had a chance to install it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭eirman

I updated my nuvi760 to 2010.20 today. Because of memory limitations I could not add the whole of Europe as I had before. I now only have UK/IRL.

At the end of the install a message indicated that extra regions could be added to a SD card using a utility. Unfortunately, I did not write down the name of the utility. Does anyone know what it's called and where to get it?

eirman wrote: »
    I updated my nuvi760 to 2010.20 today. Because of memory limitations I could not add the whole of Europe as I had before. I now only have UK/IRL.

At the end of the install a message indicated that extra regions could be added to a SD card using a utility. Unfortunately, I did not write down the name of the utility. Does anyone know what it's called and where to get it?
    I had no problem installing all of Europe on my 760. You probably need to do a bit of housekeeping, removing stuff you don't need like voices, languages, vehicle icons, track log, cleaning up your favourites, POI's and such. It is a bit tight alright, but it can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭eirman

I had no problem installing all of Europe on my 760. You probably need to do a bit of housekeeping, removing stuff you don't need like voices, languages, vehicle icons, track log, cleaning up your favourites, POI's and such. It is a bit tight alright, but it can be done.

Thanks Alun. I had done most of that, except for the track log. I'd say it was slightly too big as 2010.10 fitted and 2010.20 does not. There is now 1.44 Gb free and it is much faster starting up so I'll stick with what I have for the moment as I don't anticipate any continental driving for some years to come.

However, I still would like to know how to add the extra regions to the empty SD card.

Advertisement