Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Navigator Europe NT 2010.20

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

eirman wrote: »
    Thanks Alun. I had done most of that, except for the track log. I'd say it was slightly too big as 2010.10 fitted and 2010.20 does not. There is now 1.44 Gb free and it is much faster starting up so I'll stick with what I have for the moment as I don't anticipate any continental driving for some years to come.
    Strange. I have 24MB free after installing the full 2010.20, and that's having the full Garmin Language Guide installed at 60MB or so. But yes, having only Uk and Ireland will considerably speed up the start up process
    However, I still would like to know how to add the extra regions to the empty SD card.
    If you have Mapsource installed use that, or alternatively download and install Mapinstall from the Garmin website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nlruih

btmason wrote: »
    Successfully installed Europe 2010.20 on my Garmin 860. Since then I can't do upgrade checks using Webupdater or Garmin communicator through their site.
    The computer still sees the sat nav through the USB. I also checked this on a different computer to rule out any computer issues. Webupdater will not see the sat nav on either computer.
    This concludes to me that the information on the sat nav that webupdater is looking for is corrupted.
    I downloaded the latest update and manually installed it without webupdater. Ran webupdater and still failed.
    The satnav is currently working, but I will no longer be able to update it any further. Is this a Garmin issue? Has any of you have the same issues?

I have exactly the same problem. Also have a (bmw version) 860 and after I updated to 2010.20 this week, I no longer can use both tools. I have reported a problem and now they ask me to try on a different PC. I also read that it could be related to a corrupted GarminDevice.XML file, but will wait what Garmin support finds to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 candoken

Hello everyone,
    I had trouble loading my Nuvi 660 with the new version 2010.20 European maps - until I deleted all prodkey files in the /Garmin folder.

After that the update ran smoothly - but I had to enter the product key in an extra step (available in mygarmin -mymaps section).

Hope this helps anyone using the older (but still good) models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Surprised to see that the M8 from Fermoy to Mitchelstown is not included on the latest maps, still driving through the fields, this was opened on or before 27th May 2009 :rolleyes:
    Sections of the road are still marked as the N8 on my maps

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭peking97

It's included in the latest recent release 2010.30.

• Advertisement
Advertisement