Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a doctor - Tallaght?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 4:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Why do we not have any kind of review website for doctors in Ireland? I know these kinds of threads come up all the time but I can't find anything local to me.

I don't go to the doctor often, so I don't ''have'' a doctor. So I'd to pick one from now and continue with that one.

I live in Tallaght, and there are plenty of GP's/Clinics around but I would like to choose one based on a recommendation.

So can anyone give me some insight?

Much appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

http://www.tallaght.net/local/healthnfitness/doctors/doctors.html

I don't go the doctor much TBH either. My doctor is Dr. Derry Daly, and found him to be a good doctor.

-Patrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

That's an excellent website. Any idea how long it's running? God most big towns should have one.
    I'd be inclined to ring around especially if I was new to an area & I'd chance the cheapest & most convenient to me.
    My local dr. in Newcastle was E25-30 iirc. But two others in area were E60 afaik. Getting sick's not a lifestyle choice that's for sure especially if you're company don't pay sick-days & it's only for 3 days cos social don't pay for less.
    I would've blindly recommended the medical surgery in The Square beside the Cinema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

That's an excellent website. Any idea how long it's running?
    That site is running about 4/5 years :)

-Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, Dr Daly/Durkin from the Kingswood practice have been my family GPs for 20-odd years now and I'd recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Yes I can fully recommend Doctor Derry Day in kingswood. Dr Fields is also very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement