Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday nights around Eyre square..?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi All..

Im thinking of hitting Galway city this Friday night.. probably book a room in the Imperial or something and have a few scoops around the local bars there.. i haven't been up there in over 10 years.. (last bar i was in was an F1 bar.. and team jordan came first in france :-) ) so i have no idea what the bars / clubs are like nowadays... where is good? Friday is the only day she has off with no work the next day so i want to just pop her in the car and bring her up for a laugh... hit a few bars and a club or something.. any info would be great.. also any info on a 24 hour car park around ayre square i can hide the wheels in for the night?

thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

EDIT: These are only playes in Eyre Square - I read your post wrong thinking you wanted to stay in Eyre Square, d'oh.

Plenty of decent pubs around Eyre Square:

The Skeff
    O'Connells
    Garveys

And then you've also got other pubs:

Fibber Magees
    Foxes
    Kennedys
    Richardsons
    Imperial Hotel/Bar
    (That place under the Meyrick Hotel) Tosh?

Clubs wise in Eyre Square you've got:

Cuba (3 different levels, one with dj, one live band, not sure about 3rd one)
    Karma (dj)

Parking wise:

24 hour on Merchants Road
    24 hour on Market Street
    (both are within 3 mins walking distance of Eyre Square - but driving is different as they're both on one-way streets and I don't know which way you're coming from)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

cheers man, lots of place to sample there...

im coming from the dublin road/ oranmore direction so i'll probably just drive straight past eyre square.. nip down queen st, and around my the dock road, and shove the car in merchants road.. bingo bango, and walk up to the hotel :)

that club with 3 floors.. i thing i was there before, is it down an alleyway??
    if its the place im thinking, it was brilliant the last time i was there (about 10 years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Heathen wrote: »
    cheers man, lots of place to sample there...

im coming from the dublin road/ oranmore direction so i'll probably just drive straight past eyre square.. nip down queen st, and around my the dock road, and shove the car in merchants road.. bingo bango, and walk up to the hotel :)

that club with 3 floors.. i thing i was there before, is it down an alleyway??
    if its the place im thinking, it was brilliant the last time i was there (about 10 years ago)

It used to be the Alley but it's called Karma now. Not the greatest club in Galway tbh. If you head down to the end of shop street away from Eyre Square there are a lot of bars open till 2.

Front Door is not bad but it is usually packed.
    Busker Brownes
    Kellys
    Taffes if you like Trad and a nice pint of Guinness.
    Kings Head
    The Dail
    all close to each other too

Haven't been to a night club in a long time but if I had to go to one I'd go to Halo.

There is also a car park in Foster Court right beside the Bus station.

Enjoy your night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭feb09

cheaper car park out near the cinema

Advertisement