Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Unlocked Phones

• 22-09-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi all, thinking of purchasing an unlocked mobile from the uk, I am currently on bill pay with Vodafone, so is it a case of just putting my current sim into a uk phone and it should work ok or are they anything else I should be aware of, many thanks in advance to all who reply.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Dermondo wrote: »
    Hi all, thinking of purchasing an unlocked mobile from the uk, I am currently on bill pay with Vodafone, so is it a case of just putting my current sim into a uk phone and it should work ok or are they anything else I should be aware of, many thanks in advance to all who reply.

indeed it is

you might have to enter a few settings for MMS/Data but thats it, even those are picked up automatically quite often now.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dermondo

Dankoozy wrote: »
    indeed it is

you might have to enter a few settings for MMS/Data but thats it, even those are picked up automatically quite often now.

Cool, must go shopping so, many thanks for the quick reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

One thing is if you are on the three network you need to use a 3G phone.

Advertisement