Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aoin - The Private Stores

Options
  • 22-09-2009 4:39pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

One of two things that have bothered me a lot.

1) Theres waaay too many people taking advantage of this so they dont get disconnected and rejoin in the queue.

2) The queuing which is happening as a direct consequence of issue one.

They oughta sort something out soon, get rid of the damn thing maybe. Theres bloomin' brokers anyway!

Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Yeah it does seem pointless, they just take up spots from people that actually want to play, and the broker does everything you'd ever need. I heard some cities are a nightmare in the korean version because it gets so congested

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

In the asian market they pay by the minet instead of a monthly fee, So the time time is used up while you actually play. So they put these player store's in so they use up there time quicker. ****ty asian mmo money making trick :( which is just causing me laggggg and Q_que time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Yep, they need to actively kick the afk stores. People loging on before they go to work so they don't have a queue when they get home. Hopefully in a couple of weeks when players are spread out a bit more level wise these wont be an issue.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

on the aion website, they are currently hunting down and kicking the private stores. they're considering banning it but for now its a no go. They've also expanded the servers by 1000 slots so queuing should be kept to a minimal now :) i got into spatalos on 3 occassions without delay this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

you are all just jealous of my store. you want my jew gold.

I actually made 20,000 in 10 minutes as a private store, but i wasnt afk, and it was a controlled experiment that wont be repeated;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

looks like my game either crashed or i got booted during the day dispite having a ligit store with stuff to sell.

Servers were down all afternoon Jaggeh, both EU and US.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Straight from their website
    We are bringing the servers down at 14:00 BST (more), September 25th, for maintenance. The purpose of this downtime is to tweak the way Private Stores work. A timer of 30 minutes will be implemented to prevent these shops from being abused as a means to prevent disconnection and alleviate queues.

The maintenance is expected to run no longer than 1 hour.

http://uk.aiononline.com/board/notices/view?articleID=142&page=

• Advertisement

Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

PWNED!

Well this has made little difference, i got DCed amd am now in a 2 hour 40 min queue.

Dcully wrote: »
    Well this has made little difference, i got DCed amd am now in a 2 hour 40 min queue.

bear in mind the european launch is today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Oh why did I buy this?

I cant even get into their website to create an account.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jaymes420

ive seen a few people now setting up shop with a message that simply reads "AFK", its a total lack of respect to other players, they definitely need to do something cause i don't wanna get really angry every time i see some selfish bastard sitting there AFK while others are waiting an hour to get into the server,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jaymes420 wrote: »
    ive seen a few people now setting up shop with a message that simply reads "AFK", its a total lack of respect to other players, they definitely need to do something cause i don't wanna get really angry every time i see some selfish bastard sitting there AFK while others are waiting an hour to get into the server,

I'd love an option to rob a store, its total bollox.

That Veteron place was just full off them yesterday, took me three hours to log in.

Semeingly you get kicked after 30 minutes though?

Still I'd rather smash their skulls open and rob their store, that would be a nice addition to this game, which is really enjoyable at the moment, but sometimes unbearable with the Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

TheDoc wrote: »
    That Veteron place was just full off them yesterday, took me three hours to log in.

Wait till you get to the next area. Its a bit more closed in so the shops(and afk wall runners who are as bad) are more bunched up then Veteron. Crashed four times just now so have given up for the day...

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd love an option to rob a store, its total bollox.

Semeingly you get kicked after 30 minutes though?

Still I'd rather smash their skulls open and rob their store, that would be a nice addition to this game, which is really enjoyable at the moment, but sometimes unbearable with the Q.

its not the shops that annoy me, its people who use them to go away for hours without logging out, i think the private stores them selfs are a great idea, i made good money selling things there, its just the idiots that open them with one crap item just so they can go away and come back later, i don't think theirs a 30 minute kick off..not yet anyway, i saw this one girl last night and she had her shop set up for hours, but the shop is a good idea for selling unwanted/needed things, i hope they dont get rid of them, but a 30 minute time limit would be good!

i don't think theirs a 30 minute kick off..not yet anyway, i saw this one girl last night and she had her shop set up for hours

Unless you stood looking at her all the time you have no way of knowing for sure.
    For example i set up a store on Saturday afternoon so i could do some RL stuff, i wasnt ready to play so i just came back before the 30 min timer and stopped the private store,and started it again.
    Im guessing this is what this player was doing also.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Unless you stood looking at her all the time you have no way of knowing for sure.
    For example i set up a store on Saturday afternoon so i could do some RL stuff, i wasnt ready to play so i just came back before the 30 min timer and stopped the private store,and started it again.
    Im guessing this is what this player was doing also.

ooh, yeah maybe, i didnt know their was a timer on the stores,

Advertisement