Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting option on Google maps to download to gps

Options
  • 22-09-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭

OK I've read on the Garmin page that I can download favourite locations from Google maps to my Navi 265W, but say when I select Tescos Celbridge for example on google maps and click send I only have 2 options email or phone, but no GPS I have downloaded the communicator plugin from Garmin and the test page worked ok but open google maps again and no gps option, anyone run into this issue? I've tried both IE8 and Firefox with no joy.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

As usual I found out that this hand feature is not available in Ireland :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Why is it not working? are you on the latest version of Google Earth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 double black

As usual I found out that this hand feature is not available in Ireland :(

It worked fine for me, but I can't definitely say I sent sites in Ireland to it. I certainly did for USA.
    I would expect it has nothing to do with which country you're looking at though. Possibly you need to be logged in so the My Maps feature is active. Obviously Garmin needs to be turned on.
    I did however find Garmin Communicator a bit intermittent in the early days.

Nope it works fine if you check continental Europe, say madrid I can go to google map of madrid and I then get the option to transfer the location to my Sat Nav, but alas hasn't been implemented here. Found a workaround to the issue anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The option just seems to disappear once you zoom in so that you only have the republic viewable in the map window. If your zoomed out a bit further so that you can see part of Wales or NI as well then the option to send to GPS is still there for locations in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

Not all addresses have "send to GPS" data associated with them. This feature works most consistently with business and public place addresses.

Sometime ago I read that business's had to pay additional fees for this data to be included.

I do know that Rosslare ferry port has "send to GPS" data associated with it

SpringerF wrote: »
    Not all addresses have "send to GPS" data associated with them. This feature works most consistently with business and public place addresses.

Sometime ago I read that business's had to pay additional fees for this data to be included.

I do know that Rosslare ferry port has "send to GPS" data associated with it

yeah that would make sense I was looking for the likes of stores like Tescos and Superquinn, but they don't have this gps data associated with them, whereas other countries do for example el corte ingles stores in Spain do.

Advertisement