Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to accessorise this dress?

• 22-09-2009 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi, I am looking for some advise on how to accessorise a teal dress? I have a couple of weddings coming up and I want to reuse this dress that I bought last year as it is a shame not to get some more wear out of it.

The wedding is in January, so will be wintery weather. The last time I wore just black shoes and bag which did not do anything for the dress, to be honest, but I didn't have much time to look for something else at the time.

What colour shoes / bag / wrap etc. would go with it? I was thinking maybe silver or purple :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SequinStiletto

Nice dress... well if it was me wearing it i'd wear a pair of cream/silver/grey heels... maybe patent? the dress is fairly elaborate so i wouldnt wear a particularly statment wrap and then loadsa bangles... hope that helps good look wiv it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I love it. Where did you get it?

I would wear either long eye rings or a bracelet. Not a necklace. Silver would be best (not gold).

I would look for a coat as you will be cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Definitely cream, especially for a winter wedding. Keep it quite simple though, don't go OTT with the accessories.

I absolutely love the dress, it's gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'd go with a shrug for the church, something like this, and then shoes like these (select beige patent from the dropdown list) except you could probably get even nicer ones. No necklace or chain, and either fabulous dangly cream earrings, or a cream headpiece/feathery yoke if you're into that kind of thing. Or if you could get cream and teal earrings or headpiece, even better.

There's enough detail in the dress that you really don't need much in the way of accessories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

red bag and red shoes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 onahealthkick

I agree red shoes would look great I have a dress similar colour wore red with them recently.I also think gold or silver would look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

mood wrote: »
    I love it. Where did you get it?

Well I have a few nice ideas there, thanks everyone. I'll probably search for shoes first and see what colour I can find in shoes I like!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

Go for gold accessories (shoes and a clutch) :). Teal and gold make the nicest combination. Keep the jewelry to a minimum, maybe some simple earrings because of the detailing around the neck line doesn't need anything more :)

Fab dress btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jclare56

heya,
    I would go for a dark pinkpurple to go with it - http://www.asos.com/Cheryl-Cole/Lauren-Conrad/Asos/Asos-Penny-Leather-Suede-Court-Shoe/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=524439&cid=4172&sh=0&pge=4&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Pink

like these in the pink - it might brighten it up for a jan wedding :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭winking weber

grey or red. Its a gorgeous colour dress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement