Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Published in Digital Camera magazine.

• 22-09-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

I have a photo in the 'Hotshots' section in this months Digital Camera. It's the shot of the Rock of Cashel below.

Cashel800px.jpg

I've only had a camera since July last year so I'm pretty happy with myself! It was my first time submitting shots too so I was fairly surprised to hear back from them. I found out it was going to be in it about 6 weeks ago but I wanted to wait till I saw it myself to be sure!

Edit: It actually looks a lot different in the magazine than what's above, less saturated. Dunno if it was my uncalibrated screen or did they tinker with it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

daycent wrote: »
    Edit: It actually looks a lot different in the magazine than what's above, less saturated. Dunno if it was my uncalibrated screen or did they tinker with it...

CMYK colour profile change for print?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

steve06 wrote: »
    CMYK colour profile change for print?

Maybe..... Ah, what does that mean now:confused::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Well done 'Hotshot' :cool:

daycent wrote: »
    Maybe..... Ah, what does that mean now:confused::o

The colour profile you used when editing and saving the photo was probably SRBG or something, the mag would have converted it to CMYK for print so it would have changed.

You can read up about it here http://www.colourprofiles.com/ :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

steve06 wrote: »
    The colour profile you used when editing and saving the photo was probably SRBG or something, the mag would have converted it to CMYK for print so it would have changed.

You can read up about it here http://www.colourprofiles.com/ :)

Nice one. I really need to start getting my head around colour profiles etc. Been trying to pretend it's not important!

I did a CMYK colour flow course about 3 years ago with Guy Gowan, it was good but there was a lot of stuff about the print industry that I wasn't interested in. Check it out, always easier to learn when someone is in front of you talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Daycent - well done. Beautiful shot. Aye, nice to have some good news.

Advertisement