Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Incorrectly taxed - social welfare

• 22-09-2009 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi. I paid tax back in 2005-06 on €4000 worth of social welfare payments. I think however that my accountant (who I hired then) made a mistake. I recently discovered that he recorded this as 'social welfare benefit' when filing my return. I also recetly discovered from the social welfare that I was in fact receiving 'Jobseekers allowance', which you can't get taxed on. Is it possible for me to get this tax back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

You're not too late to claim this back if incorrectly taxed. Revenue are usually advised of taxable benefits (Jobseeker's and Illness Benefit) by the Dept of Soc. Family Affairs. No harm in double checking though.

Advertisement