Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! This dog is a massive pest!

Options
  • 22-09-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

If anyone has a real time solution for me I'd appreciate it because this is happening right now. A randy jack russell followed me and my dog home when I was out walking him. He kept trying to hump my dog (he's had the snip). He literally wouldn't leave us and my dog was getting massively (uncharacteristically) irate and snappy. Now the jack russell is outside my house. whining at the gate and barking at the window. My dog is inside, out of sight but going mental. The jack russell has a collar but no tag. I've tried chasing him away and all that. He won't budge. Do I see if he has a microchip? It's been going on for more than an hour. I'm going crazy with the noise. I don't want to see the dog come to any harm on the road either. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

well as many parents will tell you pushing them apart will only bring them closer, it looks like love at first sight and he may be persistent,

the thing to do is try to get some rumours about your dog doing the rounds and it might get rid of him.

Mod edit : Banned for a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dmy1001

Following numerous hassles with neighbour dogs "trespassing" and driving me mad I made a decision that if it happens again i will merely catch the dog and march it straight to the nearest rescue (not pound!). if it is loose the owners obviously couldn't care less about it so find it a new home........at the other end of the country:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

Maybe drive the dog in question back to where he found you... and perhaps two or three minutes further. Hopefully he'll be near his home, and wont bother following you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

you need a humane detterant sounds like hose time to me

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ulanzi

So thanks a million for the advice. Especially the rumours. I'm working on it.

In the end I brought him to the vet who scanned him - unfortunately no microchip. She reckons he's a stray so I'm calling a rescue first thing tomorrow. Fingers crossed they'll have room. He's in the garden now playing with my chap. This is not how I imagined my day working out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Dog and cat pests that hassle our cats... ~snip~

Mod edit: Banned for 1 month for breach of charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dmy1001

Ulanzi wrote: »
    So thanks a million for the advice. Especially the rumours. I'm working on it.

In the end I brought him to the vet who scanned him - unfortunately no microchip. She reckons he's a stray so I'm calling a rescue first thing tomorrow. Fingers crossed they'll have room. He's in the garden now playing with my chap. This is not how I imagined my day working out...

Well done! I am glad you did this as at the end of the day it may be annoying but it is not the dogs fault!
    rescues are fairly busy at the minute so you may have to ring around to get him a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

you never now you may just have found a companion for your fellow:eek:

So basically, this morning I gave him a bath because he was pretty stinky. Then I called Ash Animal Rescue who said they could take him if he was the size of a cat or smaller. So I've just spent the afternoon lost in Wicklow. I almost turned around a couple of times. I'm pretty attached already. We couldn't have taken him this week anyway as we're away for the weekend. I'm going to put up posters around where he joined us and see if the Gards have any reports. Kinda tempted to adopt him if no-one claims him. Emotional day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Glad to hear you got him sorted! Have you tried putting an ad for him in the local paper and radio to find his original owner? Ah go on you know he'd like a friend!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

ahh glad hes ok for now, but he seems like a charmer,and got on well with your own little one,,,,,,,,,,,maybe if no one clames him?????:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

sounds like he knew all along. Sometimes it takes us dumb humans a little while longer ;)

Just thought I'd give an update on this. Ash told me the little fella was neutered and went to a lovely adoptive home about two weeks ago. He was actually on TV3 on their homes wanted slot. Pretty funny I thought,

Anyway, happy ending for the poor little randy stray!! That was so worth all the hassle :D

Advertisement