Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill pay phone-work with pay as you go?

• 22-09-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey!

I am just wondering if you can use a bill pay phone with pay as you go when the bill pay contract is up? I am a meteor pay as you go customer but am thinking of switching to bill pay as there is a really good phone available.

I'd have to sign up for 12 months but at the end of the 12 months could I switch back to pay as you go and still use the phone I got with bill pay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

mazerooni wrote: »
    Hey!

I am just wondering if you can use a bill pay phone with pay as you go when the bill pay contract is up? I am a meteor pay as you go customer but am thinking of switching to bill pay as there is a really good phone available.

I'd have to sign up for 12 months but at the end of the 12 months could I switch back to pay as you go and still use the phone I got with bill pay?

yes its possible but it's hardly worth switching to bill just to get a phone. you will basically be paying off the phone over 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It doesn't make sense to me. What phone is it? It'd probably be handier to just buy the phone sim free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

It may make sense if we knew all the factors involved.

We arent aware what the phone is, we don't know how much they're spending a week on credit, whether that credit goes on calls or texts, we don't know what network they call most, we don't know if they use the net, and we don't know what call plan they're considering.

If the OP is topping up by €x a month, calling & texting 2 different networks frequently and using the internet x days a month on Pay as you go, then (depending on usage) it could be quite feasible that they may be financially better off by signing up to a 12 month contract at €25 or €50pm with an internet package to avail of a subsidised phone for €29,€49, or €79.

Of course, factoring in other variables may have different results, which could mean that its not economically viable to sign up for a 12 month contract, but to answer the OP's question: yes, if you were to sign a contract, you can switch back to pay as you go after your contract is up, and continue using the same phone if you so desire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 mazerooni

Thank you bondvillian, I just wanted to know if you could do that. I have already worked out the other details and despite what others think it does make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

You're most welcome. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

So what phone is it?

Advertisement