Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What just happened i102-104

Options
  • 22-09-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Just switched on iradio for five minutes and heard a girl giving out sh1t and slagging her boyfriend with him on the other line. He was there going " what the F$7k, I just rang in too....... f£$k2 and then hung up.

Think I missed something good.:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Didn't hear it either. But with i102-104 they repeat a lot of stuff all week long.

So chances are you'll hear it again if it was that good;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Col200sx wrote: »
    Didn't hear it either. But with i102-104 they repeat a lot of stuff all week long.

So chances are you'll hear it again if it was that good;)

unless its in breach of BCI guidlines, then it will be hauled up infront of the BCI for an investigation.. im afraid nasty language is not allowed on stations licensed for regional broadcast :( (well during the day anyway haha)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Yeah they did broadcast fu*k twice but apologised for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I hate that station, heard this stupid prank phone-call thing and the one I heard was a 'best of'.. some girl rang her sister live on air to tell her she had been in a bad car accident and was waiting for the ambulance, could her sister call her parents etc and tell them to come to the hospital. Anyone who finds that funny is a tool IMO. The sister was fairly shocked at the thought of there being an accident and didn't get how it was meant to be funny once it was revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

I hate that station, heard this stupid prank phone-call thing and the one I heard was a 'best of'.. some girl rang her sister live on air to tell her she had been in a bad car accident and was waiting for the ambulance, could her sister call her parents etc and tell them to come to the hospital. Anyone who finds that funny is a tool IMO. The sister was fairly shocked at the thought of there being an accident and didn't get how it was meant to be funny once it was revealed.

heard that too,the reaction was the best haha!(for the wrong reasons)

I like the station and the music but i HATE the girl on the morning show who likes to think shes american!

• Advertisement

Tomebagel wrote: »
    heard that too,the reaction was the best haha!(for the wrong reasons)

I like the station and the music but i HATE the girl on the morning show who likes to think shes american!

I dunno, her reaction was like 'hmm, oh right, okay' ... I reckon she was like 'what the hell is this about' in a confused manner as opposed to anything else.

Yeah that fake accent wrecks my head big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Worst. Station. Ever.

They try you're listening to i102 to 104 FM hard to you're listening to i102 to 104 FM sound legit you're listening to i102 to 104 FM but at you're listening to i102 to 104 FM the end you're listening to i102 to 104 FM of the you're listening to i102 to 104 FM day they're you're listening to i102 to 104 FM fooling nobody you're listening to i102 to 104 FM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I too hate that station (apart from the rock show that's on Saturday afternoons).

Top of my list has to be that idiot that presents the drivetime show in the evening time. He sounds like a culchie and he has some other cretin beside him who just keeps shouting random words.

I have to admit I really like i102-104. Its way ahead of any of the other stations and even find I listen on the net when not in galway. There is always a bit of craic and eejitin going on and I like the music, except(unlike the poster above) the rock show on a saturday afternoon and the new music show on a sunday evening.

Cant wait for the tommy and hector show to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 version1

i think i102 has been great for galway...i absolutely cant stand sh!t fm....galway bay fm...
    it always a bit of craic and its good to have a choice of stations.i102 is aimed at younger audience,im in my 20's and listen al the time...
    that and they have great dance music shows on a friday and saturday night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I really, really, really used to like this station.

The last month or so, every time I've turned it on, it's been advertisements.

Therefore I've stopped turning it on. Simple as.

I used to listen to the new music show. If Im not mistaken both that and the 'rock' show are hosted by the same guy. There is one show tho where they have some sorta 'character' they introduce which is basically just a voice with the levels adjusted to some crazy frog status...time to switch off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 galwayfeen

i do think the station is a lot better than galway bay fm but yeah what is with all the American accents,the " YOU ARE NOW LISTENING TO I102 - 104" was bad enough,now we have that girl in the morning who puts it on.i always used to the listen the station and still do,just not as much because of their lack of variety in tunes,i swear if i feckin hear "i gotta feelin' " or "sexy bitch" I'm going to...........text them a mean message,but sure they barely read those either.......rant over,i102 -104.......sort yourselves out

Used to like it, but then I got fed up with them trying to be quirky and cool and 'with it'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

galwayfeen wrote: »
    i do think the station is a lot better than galway bay fm but yeah what is with all the American accents,the " YOU ARE NOW LISTENING TO I102 - 104" was bad enough,now we have that girl in the morning who puts it on.i always used to the listen the station and still do,just not as much because of their lack of variety in tunes,i swear if i feckin hear "i gotta feelin' " or "sexy bitch" I'm going to...........text them a mean message,but sure they barely read those either.......rant over,i102 -104.......sort yourselves out

I e-mailed a complaint about what everyone is talking about on here before to the station and didn't get so much as a reply. Oh well...as long as others listen then theres no need for them to change

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was a big fan, but has since changed to 4FM

galwayfeen wrote: »
    now we have that girl in the morning who puts it on

In fairness she spent a good few years living in America so her accent is not put on.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

they're generally young and fun.
    not like other stations where they're auld wans posing as young and fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

In fairness she spent a good few years living in America so her accent is not put on.

Was just about to say this. Why do people think it's fake???

_ZeeK_ wrote: »
    they're generally young and fun.
    not like other stations where they're auld wans posing as young and fun.

If that's what young and fun sounds like then I'm glad I'm getting older!! Wrecks my head. I switched to 4FM and listen to Today Fm in the evenings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

It can't be that bad. Granted there are a lot of adds, but its very popular and growing...
    StillGrowing.jpg

I will admit I listen to the show only at 1.15pm for the iJacker (not a fan of the pretend I was in an accident one but the others are good. Can't stand singing for strangers)

There are a list of his IJackers on http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=319797022
    BUT, he says he updates it daily, but thats rubbish becuase there are only 10 in total on the podcasts page when they have done much more than that. IRadio crew if you see this please update those podcasts. It can't be THAT hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭TobyZiegler

I have mixed views on the station. Really like it sometimes when Im not in the mood for serious radio - just some music and a laugh. Defo way better than Galway Bay Fm. I agree though 4fm is great.

Not a fan of iJacker - making people almost cry on the radio is not my idea of funny.

And Louise thats on in the morning DID live in America until she was a teenager -she had said it before when texts came in slagging her accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

The drivetime show is the most cringeworthy and embarrassing show about. The DJ and his sidekick are absolutely unbearable, are they trying to be funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

at least they're daring to be different...

they seem to be generating a lot of thought and opinion, whether its positive or negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

dartsfan wrote: »
    The drivetime show is the most cringeworthy and embarrassing show about. The DJ and his sidekick are absolutely unbearable, are they trying to be funny?

The gnome...dear god, the gnome!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Stopped listening when Chris Greene left. Hate all the shows equally

• Registered Users Posts: 13,141 ✭✭✭✭flazio

dartsfan wrote: »
    Is that how they won a PPI award last year after less then a year on air?
    Anyway that person who misses Chris Green might want to listen to the sister station i105-107 between 1pm and 3:50 as Chris has taken over the day time chat show The Third i. (although he's out at the moment with Swine Flu, he's even podcasting about it.)
    This thread is more a 'Radio and Media' thread rather then something affecting just Galway City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

some seriously over used words/phrases on the show that just make me cringe.
    I realise they're trying to appeal to a wide age bracket but could they move away from trying to focus on secondary school students.

I would love someone to count how many times the following is said in a single day:
    random
    ledge
    'you're so sound'

sometimes it's like listening to a radio show run by 1st year arts students

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

a show made by idiots for idiots

xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭shampoosuicide

* radio station/show , whatever

Advertisement