Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What just happened i102-104

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

who is Chris Green? I remember there was some guy on at night with some girl (he called her Mary that works on the show) but that was ages ago, he was pretty good, is it the same guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Sniipe wrote: »
    who is Chris Green? I remember there was some guy on at night with some girl (he called her Mary that works on the show) but that was ages ago, he was pretty good, is it the same guy?

he's gone with a few months, and I have to agree with you. He was pretty good, like a sober Dylan Moran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Yes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yar, couldn't listen to that show for longer than 10 minutes without having the urge to smash my head against the dashboard, truly it was not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

The dial isn't stuck.

Twist knob for new station,

big-knob-radio2.jpg

Repeat until you find one you like...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Mary McGill even has a warning that tells you to turn over before her nighttime show. thats a pretty good show nothing to serious but a bit of a laugh nothing as stupid as the drive home show. and oh dear god i wish they wouldn't play the same twenty songs all day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

JeanClaude wrote: »
    The dial isn't stuck.

Twist knob for new station,

big-knob-radio2.jpg

Repeat until you find one you like...:D

A lot of people work in offices, shops and factories etc where they can't change the station. I know from experience that this can be tantamount to torture...thank you Tony Fenton!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I listened to a few podcasts when they started up and I wasn't impressed, mostly because they sound (Caliden got it nail on the head) like 1st year art students

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    ...thank you Tony Fenton!

I know your pain all to well :(

..... 3 years... everyday.....

*cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I've been really trying to like this station, but finally I've given up.

Most of the dj's are clowns and they really talk a lot of sh1te at the best of times.

But I guess that's the whole point of the radio station.

But what'd piss me off no end if I was a listener, is the amount of time they repeat things all week long.

Yer one on the morning show was off for a week, so they got in another girl to do it, and all she did all week was play "the best bits" from previous weeks shows??????? WTF is that all about?????????
    a show made by idiots for idiots

Best quote on thread so far:D

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Sorry if this is a bit OT, but anyone else discovered "Rascal"...has popped up on me car radio in last week or two..dunno if its just a local galway relay someone is piping out or wha. Not 100% sure, but think this is it: http://www.rascalradio.net/
    ...I'm afraid I don't know the frequency off hand, think it was around 96 fm (ish)
    Says "Rascal" on the RDS name thingy

Hope it lasts, finally radio music I like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I think rascal radio is connected to the dead monkey festival up Mayo side, they broadcast live (or delayed live!) of their gigs/min festivals:)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Came across Rascal today. On the RDS on the radio it comes up as Rascal, then changes to Radio, then changes to Text 085 & then changes to a phone number which i didnt catch cos i nearly crashed :eek:

Never saw a radio station change its rds display like that before, pretty cool i must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

Agree it's RDS use is cool but i do believe that it's also illegal too, due to the distraction it causes drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 rudirhino

Hey yea I was listening to this station alot and then it just dissapeared! Dunno if it is intentionally a pirate though cos they NEVER mention the frequency (95.0) and I never remembered hearing anything said on air about being on "air" in Galway. Anyone know anymore about them?

As for the RDS "breech of conduct" I think they have alot more to worry about legally than distracting drivers. Sure every fancy aftermarket car stereo has so many flashing lights that a bit of slowly changing RDS aint gonna make much difference. Although in the States they do take it too far with "HAMBURGERS $1.50" and stuff like that on your radio display in every ad break. Maybe i102-104 should consider this. Seeing as everything else about the station is American it would fit in quite well I think :-P

So LadyPennyWorth! Can you give us anymore information as to whether Rascal will be reappearing on our Galway radio dials anytime soon? It seems you know more about the Rascal than the rest of us!:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Rylan wrote: »
    Just switched on iradio for five minutes and heard a girl giving out sh1t and slagging her boyfriend with him on the other line. He was there going " what the F$7k, I just rang in too....... f£$k2 and then hung up.

Think I missed something good.:p

That was funny,heard it all:).

A lad came on the radio saying he was only going out with his girlfriend for the sex and how he used to be a chubby lad but he had lost a load of weight and could have any good looking girl now that he wanted.
    The girlfriend heard him on the radio and txtd in,they called her back and put the two of them on air together.
    All hell broke loose,they were asked did they really want to have a slanging match live on air.The girl pointed out quite righly that if he was brave enough to come on the radio in the first place saying he was only with her for sex then he should suffer the consequences.So they bollocked the head off each other and she broke up with him.He was a complete arsehole really in my opinion.

And to the person in here e-mailing complaints into radio stations on other people's behalf,don't send one for me.You dont see me complaining about it.:cool:

Advertisement