Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling percentages for EPT London

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

I will take 1% - good luck. pls remind me next week to ship it to you on stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

I'll take 2%, best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

1% here Please.

Good luck!

($85 sent to Stars)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

Grafter wrote: »
    1% here Please.

Good luck!

($85 sent to Stars)

Received,

ty

smoothcall wrote: »
    I'll take 2%, best of luck with it.

Received Chubs,

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭FuttBucker

Do you mind if i ship it to you on FTP, Brendan? If so i'm in for 1%.

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Good luck over there dude.

FuttBucker wrote: »
    Do you mind if i ship it to you on FTP, Brendan? If so i'm in for 1%.

Tom

No worries, sn is wendelsailor on FT.

Cheers

No worries, sn is wendelsailor on FT.

Cheers

Cool...sent. All the best man.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

hope to see you on the cover of cardplayer

• Advertisement

FuttBucker wrote: »
    Cool...sent. All the best man.

Received,

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭monoP54

Well done satting into this. Break a leg. Like FuttBucker I would have to use FTP. Are you still selling %?

monoP54 wrote: »
    Well done satting into this. Break a leg. Like FuttBucker I would have to use FTP. Are you still selling %?

Yes....FTP is no problem.

The SN is above.

Grand Brendan, thanks. Sent $85 just there + PM of FT sn. Have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

shipped the $$ there to ya - will ya be posting updates anywhere?

you could borrow Dokes twitter machine and link it to your facebook - that way 49/50 visible status updates on Facebook can be yours.

monoP54 wrote: »
    Grand Brendan, thanks. Sent $85 just there + PM of FT sn. Have a good one.

Received,

Cheers

shipped the $$ there to ya - will ya be posting updates anywhere?

you could borrow Dokes twitter machine and link it to your facebook - that way 49/50 visible status updates on Facebook can be yours.

Received Noel,

I have a twitter, so il post the link on Friday id imagine and il update from there. Don't think I could quite do that to the walls of facebook.

Ty

anyone get brendan's twitter link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭R__J

Apparently internet access is non existent for Brendan in Ept London. He just rang me there, he's on 50k(30k starting) at the dinner break but playing quite "retardedly" apparently!?

R__J wrote: »
    Apparently internet access is non existent for Brendan in Ept London. He just rang me there, he's on 50k(30k starting) at the dinner break but playing quite "retardedly" apparently!?

Cheers Rosco,

Aplogies for the lack of updates. You'd think the internet in a Hilton would be useful.

Had a rough dinner session and i'm coming back today with 20k after losing two marginal pots which il post after the tournie. My table was ok accept for one player who final tabled San Remo last year, i think his name is Benni Spindler.

Il try update during the day.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Just onto Brendan there and he's up on 68k after starting on 20k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭R__J

Brendan gone in 150th out of 700+. He got it all in for a 100k pot with a fd, sd and the two overs, no good vs 1 pair. Unlucky wp gg etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

ul , great performance. good experience etc

Home now and wrecked. Il post a trip report tomorrow.

Fair play to you. Really close to a big score there. Thanks for the piece of the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Just after getting word that Marty is after doubling up and is on circa 350k.

I arrived in London on the Friday night a little rushed as i had intended to fly on the Thurs night but had to skip the flight due to unforseen circumstances.

Arrived at the hotel and checked in and went to have a look around the tournament area upstairs in the hotel which was a bit of a trek from my room. I was pretty wrecked and then just settled in for the night.

Day 1: Got up the next morning and got my table details and had a look at the draw. Wasn't amazingly happy with it as i had Alexandre Gomes and Benni Spindler to my immediate left. I had actually watched last years coverage of the PCA and i remember being really impressed with Benni Spindlers play. I wasn't to worried about Gomes and my thoughts were proved when he called the tightest player at the tables shove for 27k with QQ and busted in the 3rd level.

I chipped up in the first 4-5 levels and I was trying to keep the pots small because a lot of the time Spindler had position on me and for some reason I had a mental block any time he was in a hand. He was relentlessly raising pre which made it hard to put him on a hand. I got up to 50k pretty easily but in the last level i lost a 38k pot with JJ up against AQ. Finished the day on 20k and was pissed off but i felt a redraw the next day would help and if I could pick my spots well I could start building a stack again.

Day 2: Arrived at my table for day 2 and I had Spindler at my table again. There was a couple of young online pro's at my table which meant it was going to be an aggro table. I relaxed in for a while and let them 3/4/5/6/7 bet each other pre. At one point a guy called Stephen Levy 5 bet a Scandi pre only to show Qc4c. Needless to say the Scandi tilted/donated off his 90k stack in the next hand. First hand of note of the day was Levy made it 3,200 pre (blinds were 500/1000) which was standard for him as he had been raising nearly every pot. I was in the sb and looked down at Ac2s and shoved for 16k. He snapped me off with KJ and the board was paint free to put me on 35k.

After the break a random Asian guy made it 3,900 when the blinds were 800/1600 and i looked down at AA in the small blind. I made it 11,700 hoping he would shove as the A2 hand was the last hand i had played. He flatted pre and the flop came Q96 which i shoved,he snapped with Q9 and I hit the bingo 6 on the turn to double up again.

Absolute card death from then on and finally the blinds got to 1,200/2,400/200 and my stack was dwindling at 56k. Young Norweigan guy who had been raising marginal hands pre made it 5,000 in MP. I looked down at KcJs. It's a marginal hand i know but I had seen this guy 5 bet pre only to be forced into making a crying call with K7 when a shorty shoved a couple of hands earlier. I made it 15,900 and he flatted pre after thinking about it for 20 minutes. The board came 4s9s10s and he bet half the pot and i shoved for 48k. He had Ah10c and i missed every card in the deck and went out in 150th

Really really enjoyed it and felt I held my own against the toughest oposition i'd ever played against. It was a steep learning curve and I really think the weekend helped towards developing my game. I thought the structure was brilliant and would love if every tournie i played was like this.

Thanks to anyone who bought a % and sorry i couldn't bring some loot home I havent covered much of it but if you have any questions about the tournie or hands or anything feel free. I might have gotten blinds and bets a tad mixed up but im pretty sure they are around about right.

Cheers

Advertisement