Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype on old '3' phone

• 22-09-2009 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem???

I had my old n73 unlocked so I could use my phone on the Vodafone network. Since the phone was originally on contract from 3 I used to get Skype calling on my phone for free. Since putting in the VF sim I can no longer use Skype on my phone (which was handy to ring friends in England). Does anyone know if this can be fixed or does VF not support Skype????

Are there any other VOIP apps I could install???

Any ideas.

Thanks

K.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

To use it for free you'll need to use a 3 sim, otherwise you'll need a data add on off vodafone... If ur going the vodafone route look at apps like fring...vodafone don't support skype..

Ever think of coming back to the dark side ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kjenkinson26

Thanks drunkmonkey.....

I will have a look at Fring and see what happens...thanks for that.

I was with '3' for 2 years but got annoyed last year when I was made redundant (the first time) and when I rang them to explain that I needed to change my plan from the 350 min's @ €50 to the entry level one for €19 the lads in India couldn't understand why I couldn't pay!! they started asking me to get credit cards or friends cards to pay...

They were nice and everything but I don't think they have a clue about what is happening over here, and if you ask them questions I would nearly swear they have a list of answers in front of them.

On a plus note I still have my LG viewty (which I don't really like, but thats another story lol) so I may just get a PAYG sim and use the Skype on that.... GOD I am rambling on.....

Thanks again DM.

K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

yeah it looks like there reading of a script im with three as well and when i was up grading to a new phone i was talking to a call centre that was based in waterford.

the lads there were really helpfull no script reading crap got a brill deal on my upgrade as well

Advertisement