Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Sony DSC-W290 Broken Screen / Spare Parts

• 22-09-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a little advice if anyone on here can help. My girlfriend bought a Sony DSC-W290 in New York last week, and I broke the LCD screen within 24 hours by carrying it in my pocket (I know, I know...) So, I replaced it for her and now I have a W290 with a broken LCD screen. I want to fix it and sell it to try and cover some of the cost.

Sony are charging €110 to fix it, and after some eBay searching, I think I'll only be able to sell it for about €170, so this is not a good option. The alternative is to buy the spare part and fix it myself.

So... is there anywhere on-line to get Sony digital camera spare parts shipped to Ireland? Has anyone done anything similar with a digital camera?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

bump. need help. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I am afraid that these P&S cameras are really not meant to be repaired. They are sort of disposable. The €110 fee is a major part of the replacement cost of the camera. You probably will not be able to buy the part and you are likely to do more damage fitting it if you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NachoNel

Hey dude

what price were you thinking of selling it for the way it is ?
    New w290s are 180 euro on pixmania.ie you wont get 170 with a broken screen, know em saying,,,,
    but i could be interested if the price was rite,

37 euro cough cough

cheers :pac:

Advertisement