Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I banned?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

I've asked Scofflaw to explain why I'm banned from a thread that I created recently:

Stop Nama by voting No - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055685052&page=2

I've had no response so I still don't know what is going on. I suspect that the moderator of the thread simply disagrees with my opinion.

I have not abused other posters or written anything that contravenes your rules (but if I have, it would help to point it out!).

Please advise if boards.ie censors political views.

Thanks.

Hobo Sapiens

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You were banned for repeated inappropriate behaviour.

This was explained to you in your Feedback thread this morning. Obviously you did not take the time to read the forum charter as I suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Hobo Sapiens

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You were banned for repeated inappropriate behaviour.

This was explained to you in your Feedback thread this morning. Obviously you did not take the time to read the forum charter as I suggested.

I've read the charter and it does not enlighten me.

Why don't you just tell me what this supposed behaviour was?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Posting
    ... and neither does raping children.
    in the "Catholic Church backs Lisbon" thread. The post was deleted and you were warned for inappropriate behaviour. What got you banned was repeating the post about half an hour later on the same thread following the warning. I wasn't the moderator who issued the warning or banned you but both actions were defensible, appropriate and correct.

When I stress that the modus operandi of Politics moderators and moderators in general is that of anti-idiocy, I'm not kidding. Nor am I kidding when I stress that the politics forum isn't anyone's playground.

Do we censor political views? Never. We do give a smackdown on idiocy though. Neither of those things are going to change. As I often end up saying when issuing infractions or bans, if a post isn't going to move a discussion forward, consider whether the universe is best served by not making it. I would suggest that when your ban expires in roughly three days and five hours that you would personally also be best served by keeping that in mind.

I've great respect for the moderators and posters on After Hours. But Politics isn't After Hours and it's not going to become it either.

Advertisement