Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busted bets

Options
  • 22-09-2009 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Arsenal to beat West Brom.
    Sunderland to beat Birmingham.

One and a half to one.

Stake 200 euro.

Arsenal to field a weakened team( wilshere, vela, Senderos ,gibbs, Silvestre,Ramsey ....not that weak if you ask me)

Sunderland to bounce back after the week end. I fancy them at home this year against most mid table down teams.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I hope you win.....but why would you stake that kind of dough for such small returns, especially with the added risk that some premier league clubs don't want to win these games as they have more important things to concentrate on (ie Arsenal - league/Europe & Sunderland - league)

I wouldnt even bet a fiver on tonights games because of the actualy competition

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Devastator wrote: »
    I hope you win.....but why would you stake that kind of dough for such small returns, especially with the added risk that some premier league clubs don't want to win these games as they have more important things to concentrate on (ie Arsenal - league/Europe & Sunderland - league)

Not looking to bad a bet now , Sunderland 2-0 and West brom are down to 10 players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 joeblo maestro

Your bet is looking good, Sunderland 2 up and Arsenal 0 all but WBA down to 10. I did the same bet but with Hibbs and only 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Devastator wrote: »

Valid question, i did it because for the last few years Arsenal have fielded "week" teams yet still manage to reach the latter stages of the competition. I feel there youngsters are good enough to do the same again this year, i might be wrong but i hope not.
    Regarding Sunderland they have spend alot of money during the summer. Now i know this does not guarantee anything but i do think they will take the cup competitions seriously because of this point alone. Also at home they are quite a good attacking team and in my opinion Birmingham are not up to much and will be far more interested in survival than a cup run.
    All these factors considered i believe it to be a good bet and i like the price i got too. Hopefully it will turn out ok and as it stands now i should be ok. Hope this response answerer's your question

Your bet is looking good, Sunderland 2 up and Arsenal 0 all but WBA down to 10. I did the same bet but with Hibbs and only 50.

Good luck to you sir.

• Advertisement

Ok im putting most(not all) of last nights winnings on a four team accumalator this evening.

Chealse to beat QPR (h)

Real Madrid to beat Villareal (a)

Celtic to beat Falkrick (a)

Rangers to beat Queen of the south (a)

Two hundred euro potential profit of four hundred and fifty.

Total return six fifty or zero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Hope this response answerer's your question

yeah, thats cool......still wouldn't do it myself though :)

I've went for 4 teams tonight :- City (similar thinking to what you said about Sunderland), A Madrid (even with bad start to season), A Bilbao (away, so odds are bit better) & I Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Ok im putting most(not all) of last nights winnings on a four team accumalator this evening.

Chealse to beat QPR (h)

Real Madrid to beat Villareal (a)

Celtic to beat Falkrick (a)

Rangers to beat Queen of the south (a)

Two hundred euro potential profit of four hundred and fifty.

Total return six fifty or zero!

looking good so far.

Only chelsea could fcuk it up at this stage

Ok, im in front to the tune of six fifty for two days work. I shall be staking five of this on staurday or Sunday. Stay tuned for further updates .
    Regards Busted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

ROFL . . . Take it easy this weekend. You got lucky tonight but well done.

• Advertisement

Sarge wrote: »
    ROFL . . . Take it easy this weekend. You got lucky tonight but well done.

This is the way i like to play the game. Start of with one bet, if successful stake the profit on the second bet, if successful stake approx three quarters of that profit on the next bet. This way i stay ahead even if the second or third bet don't come in. However if the third bet does i cash off and start all over again with whatever stake i feel comfortable with. It has stood me well over time but you are entitled to ROLF, hopefully ill be doing the same on Saturday/Sunday evening in a pile of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lazybutlively

Just wondering could I get that few quid back off ye , my dog really needs that operation now....

He may never play the banjo unless he gets it
    )
    Tottenham , Liverpool 1pt with 40% profit . Leverage that 40 % on -1 both teams....

Performance based bet , once they win you get your money back you get between evs and 6/4 for all your money if they win by two or more

Everton to beat pompy @ 10/11
    500 down
    potential profit = 454.55

Review

Week 1.....Tue profit= 300
    ...............Wed profit= 450
    ...............Sat profit= 455

Total = 1205

I'm starting again on Tuesday with 200 euro with the champions league, i had a very good week just gone. I'm satisfied usually if i double my investment but i was confidant in every bet i made in the week gone by. Cheers for all banter its a good laugh to be fair.

well done

Ok im putting 50 euro on the following double tommorow

Inter win away to Rubin Kazan. (Inter lost away to sampdoria at the weekend their first in six games and to be honest how they lost the game i dont know.They were very impressive v Barcelona a fortnight ago and in Eto they have in my opinion Europes most leathal striker. Rubin Kazan have won only 2 of there last six games and i dont see them having the cuteness required to pull a result out of the bag here)

Leeds win home to Carlisle.( Leeds are flying, they were very unlucky against Liverpool in the cup last week and showed on Saturday that they can eek out one nils at the death too, they are scoring for fun too at home 6 in there last 2 leauge games. Carlisle are 7th of bottom, and have not won in there last five games.

Total stake= 50 euro
    odds= slightly over evens
    Potential profit= 65 euro
    Total Returns= 115 euro

Fingers crossed

I have lumped on leeds myself :_D

Sarge wrote: »
    I have lumped on leeds myself :_D

gl to then m8! Inter let me down tonight, thats me finished till the week end.

I did nothing this weekend, nothing jumped out of the page. I had considered backing portsmouth yesterday because of the display against Everton last week, but i felt id wait till they played next at home to be safe. Mistake! Still im happy all and all with my decision. I will be punting on the euro championships next week!

Week one = 1205(black)
    Week two = 50(red)

• Advertisement

I have been looking at the quailfiers and again nothing seems to be jumping out at me. My aim is, to take as close as i can, calculated risks and build up a nice roll , to go travelling again in the spring.So im looking at the premiership next week. Im looking to bet 300 euro on the following
    Man utd @1/5
    Everton @4/9
    Arsenal@1/7

A 300 euro bet returns 594.29, slightly under even money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lazybutlively

Man Utd are a bookies price at 1/5 . They know they'll take all the money at that price even though it's no value.Considering sunderland were going reasonably well ,1/3 would have been a more accurate reflection

Man Utd are a bookies price at 1/5 . They know they'll take all the money at that price even though it's no value.Considering sunderland were going reasonably well ,1/3 would have been a more accurate reflection

Perhaps, however im looking at who i think will win (not the price). If i can get three teams(no more), who i feel will win and get a price as close to evens as possible im happy to take it. I do however agree with your assesment, but then im not a bookmaker and if i was i set the price the same as pp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

what do you think of throwing real madrid (minus ronaldo), barca and the draw and lyon onto that busted?

what do you think of throwing real madrid (minus ronaldo), barca and the draw and lyon onto that busted?

Sorry man for the late reply ive been away.

Review

week 1...1205(black)
    week 2...50(red)
    week3....300(red)

The last bet of this month is Man city v scunthorpe over 3.5 goals
    300 down potential returns 630.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Nice one there busted

Month one October......profit(1185)

If i maintain even half of this il be happy in Movember....

Regards Busted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement