Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010ers..... What Courses?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Law and Arts NUI Maynooth,
    thats the goal anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭CiaraBelle

Human Nutrition and Dietetics in DIT/Trinity.... and nothing else has interested me so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 WHirl7

1. Computer Science, Linguistics and German - TCD
    2. Arts (hopefully doing Computer Science and German) - NUI Maynooth

And after that Computer Science in TCD, DCU and DIT, don't know what order yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 R0siE

I pretty much don't have a clue myself!
    I'm looking into Psychology in Trinity or UCD, European Studies in Trinity, Science Omnibus in Trinity or UCD, Neuroscience in UCD or possibly Arts in UCD or Trinity...maybe Irish or French or Classics....
    So a bit of deciding left to do yet!:O Anyone else as clueless as myself??
    =]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I am!! I don't know what i want to do :confused: and i'm never good at making decisions. I'm thinking science in trinity, science education or psychology through science in maynooth or arts in Maynooth/trinity. But i don't even know if i want to do sicence .. I really hate decisions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 R0siE

Yeah I'm really bad at making decisions too!My main problem is that I wouldn't mind doing any course really...if I could do a year of everything I would!!Unforch I can't so I'm just going to go to every open day going so I can get a better idea....I can really see myself picking my course out of a hat come february though!
    =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Law plus or journalism in UL or DCU. I really can't decide. Last year, my CAO was changed like twenty times cuz I didn't know where I wanted to go or what I really wanted to. Don't want to do the same this year!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

R0siE wrote: »
    I pretty much don't have a clue myself!
    So a bit of deciding left to do yet!:O Anyone else as clueless as myself??
    =]

Im all over the place too, dunno thers too many choices! So far i have (wait for the long list :p) Early education,midwifery,environment management, pr and communications, bakery and arts management,european studies,archaeology,multimedia communication. Thinks that all, i have decision...i change my mind every day nearly, im very indecisive...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Daragh101 wrote: »
    by the looks of things there is going to be a fare few Doc's on boards in the future!!:rolleyes:

Business in U.L for me hopfully...anyone else?
    Im seriously considering this course but the one with a language (French), I know I want to do business but not sure where.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭james998964

Biomedical engineer at NUIG. Was 405 this year. My maths is iffy though. Dropped higher last week so will have to do entrance
    exam :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stesh

Medicine is top choice, but I'm scared I won't get the points (which will probably happen :(). So then if I dont get that I'm hoping for Psychology in UL or UCC, if neither of those work out I'm headin to the UK for Radiography if I get in :D

Better get to work then! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Biomedical engineer at NUIG. Was 405 this year. My maths is iffy though. Dropped higher last week so will have to do entrance
    exam :(

I dropped HL maths too in 5th year
    I probably wont get any engineering in NUIG

Here info on the entrance exam http://www.nuigalway.ie/faculties_departments/engineering/specialmathspreparatorycourse.html
    http://www.nuigalway.ie/engineering/specialmaths.html

I'll Probably do Computer Science & IT in NUIG or Science
    Was also looking at commerce

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

i'm hoping for art and design in edinburgh college of art...im very confused about the whole UCAS system though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

^ Yeah, I'm not too sure about the whole UCAS system, either. Something about writing a letter, and getting a letter of recommendation? I never found out that much about it, since I changed my mind about what I wanted to do in the end.

My main choices are Psychology, in Trinity, and UCC. Third is English up in Trinity, and I've no idea about the rest. Some various Arts subject, in which I can do both Pyschology, and English. Psychiatric Nursing too, perhaps.

Hi, sorry for being off-topic but just want to ask a quick question. I dont know what i wanna do, but was like looking at my talents, subjets...etc....the one thing that stood out was my organising cos like im really well organised, like i text my friends to remind them when we have assembly and like my teachers are taking all my folders to get them copied for the repeats cos like there the best organised....etc.....So was wondering what type of courses would suit well with organising? Sorry again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Lollers I don;t think they have a course in orgainsing. Seriously though, perhaps a Business Management course of some sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for being off-topic but just want to ask a quick question. I dont know what i wanna do, but was like looking at my talents, subjets...etc....the one thing that stood out was my organising cos like im really well organised, like i text my friends to remind them when we have assembly and like my teachers are taking all my folders to get them copied for the repeats cos like there the best organised....etc.....So was wondering what type of courses would suit well with organising? Sorry again

event management

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

LovexxLife wrote: »

Management!
    Event Management as someone has said before.
    Sport and Exercise Management.
    Nursing?
    Law, Business and Law.
    Commerce.
    Legal Secretary, administration, etc.

Thare are many many more. These all require a certain amount of good organisation, management and well, leadership kinda aswell.

Hope I helped, and don't sweat it youv'e loads of time. and you are lucky you are so organised, it will work in your favour in the Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Would you guys expect courses like general science to go up again in points? Or stay more or less stable?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Conor108 wrote: »
    Would you guys expect courses like general science to go up again in points? Or stay more or less stable?

They could possibly go slightly up again as the word this year was "Science Is On The Up!" due to the points increase so many people this year might think that Science must be a good course/career if its getting this much attention.

Plus, its v. broad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

It shouldnt really go up a huge amount in UCD again, 85 points was a massive leap, that said, I hope people will have more sense this year and not start picking "Recession Proof" :rolleyes: courses, which imo is silly......

Management!
    Event Management as someone has said before.
    Sport and Exercise Management.
    Nursing?
    Law, Business and Law.
    Commerce.
    Legal Secretary, administration, etc.

Thare are many many more. These all require a certain amount of good organisation, management and well, leadership kinda aswell.

Hope I helped, and don't sweat it youv'e loads of time. and you are lucky you are so organised, it will work in your favour in the Leaving.
    Thankies:D I now least have some type of idea now Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 doug.irl.92

Fad wrote: »
    I hope people will have more sense this year and not start picking "Recession Proof" :rolleyes: courses, which imo is silly......

So are you saying that people who want to have a successful life in Ireland are not silly to go for things such as bricklaying, roofing, architecture, construction management, plastering, quantity surveying etc...?:confused::confused:
    I'd say that the thousands of them who are unemployed are wishing that they chose a more "recession proof" profession!
    There is an obvious over-supply of these services that simply cant be satisfied by the Irish market so imo its silly to choose these if you want to stay here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

So are you saying that people who want to have a successful life in Ireland are not silly to go for things such as bricklaying, roofing, architecture, construction management, plastering, quantity surveying etc...?:confused::confused:
    I'd say that the thousands of them who are unemployed are wishing that they chose a more "recession proof" profession!
    There is an obvious over-supply of these services that simply cant be satisfied by the Irish market so imo its silly to choose these if you want to stay here.

i think what he is trying to say is dont just say do "science" for example just because you think its an area of growth.
    tbh you talk about over supply!..well would this not be the case in 4-5-6-7 years time when massive amount of science grads bust onto the scene.
    I would certainly not recommend anyone doing construction related courses.. But i would not discourage people from any other types of courses really. I mean were planning for a few years down the line when the "recession" is over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 doug.irl.92

Daragh101 wrote: »
    i think what he is trying to say is dont just say do "science" for example just because you think its an area of growth.
    tbh you talk about over supply!..well would this not be the case in 4-5-6-7 years time when massive amount of science grads bust onto the scene.I would certainly not recommend anyone doing construction related courses.. But i would not discourage people from any other types of courses really. I mean were planning for a few years down the line when the "recession" is over!

I agree don't go for science just because there are jobs, go for it because you like it!
    But science is not likely to suffer from over-supply as unlike the construction sector, goods that are produced in science are exportable so companies are not limited to the Irish market. Foreign companies may set up in Ireland due to our well educated scientific workforce and create scientific jobs to satisfy increased supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Im going for law :) Do you giys expect the points for law to go up or down or stay the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Im going for law :) Do you giys expect the points for law to go up or down or stay the same?

What law are you going for because some will go down, some will stay and some will go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭NightOwl91

General Nursing in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Snail farming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Primary School Teaching-Mary I

Advertisement