Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone settings on UK N95 8gig

• 22-09-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Hi I just got an Nokia 95 8 gb from the UK, the setting are all wrong for use here, when I went to input the ones on the stick thread (below) where it says network type: IPv4 , I do not have this option only IPv3 and IPv6, will I have to flash the phone or is there a way around it, as suspected the vodafone website is useless at this sort of information. Cheers

connection name:Vf ISP
    data bearer: packet data
    APN:isp.vodafone.ie
    username:vodafone
    prompt password:no
    password:vodafone
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://www.vodafone.ie
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:none
    proxy port:0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you tried either of them to see if it ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

No I did not, I didn't know what it was, I was afraid it would be pulling data from the UK or something on a high tariff, I just found out what it is, the version of IP, so version 6 should work fine (I hope), I will try it when I go out on break. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

FYI it works now with that setting. Cheers

Advertisement