Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex-Mayor signs up as Sporting's commercial head

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Worthy of a thread of its own. HB

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

Ex-Mayor signs up as Sporting's commercial head
    http://www.fingal-independent.ie/news/exmayor-signs-up-as-sportings-commercial-head-1893147.html

jeez isn't there some (unwritten ) rule that shouldn't get a job after public service in some project you were involved in when in the public service

this is mark number 2 against joe corr

To quote LeoB, are you just a begrudger <snip>?

Far be it for me to defend Mr. Corr but I'm fairly sure that both Irish and EU legislation allows any person to take up employment.

As a matter of interest, how do you believe him to be involved in the club during his stint in politics? Volunteer stewarding? Program sponsor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

From what I know of Joe thats a good move for Sporting Fingal. Joe is an Accountant by profession but also has a diploma in Public relations so it seems to me he is ideally suited for this position.

I would agree with Alan Farrell in saying Joe is entitled to go any job he see's fit or take up employment.

I still hold strongly that Joe was a good local politican and while I am heavily involved in G.A.A I wish him and Sporting Fingal every success.

O.P Do you have a problem with Joe? If so name it.
    I have got to know a fair bit about Joe and his reasoning behind some unpopular things he voted on because I got up and went to his clinic and asked him or emailed him. I was not always happy with what I heard

I also know there are local people who were not happy with Joe but some are sorry now they did not go out and vote for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

To quote LeoB, are you just a begrudger <snip>?

Far be it for me to defend Mr. Corr but I'm fairly sure that both Irish and EU legislation allows any person to take up employment.

As a matter of interest, how do you believe him to be involved in the club during his stint in politics? Volunteer stewarding? Program sponsor?

i never broke a law /bertie, i never broke a law /anglo, i never broke a law /JOD

would he not have taking many votes on this over the years, ya know council stuff

ya know what i have against him i don't think its ethical to get jobs in things he was directly involved in while in a public position so soon see here http://ww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055668988

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

i never broke a law /bertie, i never broke a law /anglo, i never broke a law /JOD

What LAW are you talking about???

It's not uncommon (in any walk of life) to take a job with someone you've dealt with before (through business). It happens daily. I come across it frequently in my work (non-banking, and non-political).

What's your problem? The guy left politics and now has a job? :rolleyes:

I don't know Joe at all, I've never really talked to him, I've met him only once.

• Advertisement

would he not have taking many votes on this over the years, ya know council stuff

ya know what i have against him i don't think its ethical to get jobs in things he was directly involved in while in a public position so soon see here http://ww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055668988

This is silly stuff. Your talking in riddles.

Will check this out later, Joe is an accountant, he has a diploma from Public Relations Inst and he holds an Auctioneers licence.

What happened here, happens in every walk of life. I would say Joe had planned or hoped to make politics a career move, thats just the impression/feeling I got and to be honest I think he would have been good for ALL the community. Will you explain the Bertie bit and tell me what he was convicted of. If you have a gripe with J.O'D its misplaced in my opinion. The problem there was Senior civil servents overspending I know what people say but talk is cheap. Now back on topic I dont want to be banned.

As I stated it appears to me Joe's appointment is a good move by Sporting Fingal. He is an experienced and clever man. I have never seen sporting play and know only what I read from posts by Paulw in other forum. Will go and see them soon, in my disguise;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

"CORR USED BIN TAG MONEY TO SIGN KAKA AND RONALDO FOR SPORTING" headlines any day now....

Absurdum wrote: »
    "CORR USED BIN TAG MONEY TO SIGN KAKA AND RONALDO FOR SPORTING" headlines any day now....

No wrong again.........................

He is using it for a fund for sunbed scrappage, the balance will be for disposable goalposts:D

LeoB wrote: »
    disposable goalposts:D

Biodegradable Leo, Biodegradable.

Biodegradable Leo, Biodegradable.

I bow to your knowledge of things "Green" Biodegradable it is Sir

• Advertisement

i'd rather see standards be raised rather the keep them low like you's all seem to want

i'd rather see standards be raised rather the keep them low like you's all seem to want

I would like to think the standards of most people in Public life are fairly decent, I think they are. My standards are fairly high, I hope
    What I expect from my council is when a vacancey arises they will appoint the best person for the job.

My point in replying to this thread was to give my views on Joe Corr who I have always found decent to deal with. But it appears to me some people have a dislike for the Greens which is fair enough but to highlight one person who applied for an advertised position and got it is a little unfair, unless you know he got it in the wrong.

I think you are missing the point <snip>. Joe Corr applied and was appointed to a position which has nothing to do with Fingal County Council or Politics in general. He was a candidate who applied for a job, his previous employment is irrelevant in this context.

Standard in public office don't apply to the man anymore as he is no longer in public office.

im not going to take adviceon ethics from a councillor or from somebody with this opinion "If you have a gripe with J.O'D its misplaced in my opinion. The problem there was Senior civil servents overspending I know what people say but talk is cheap." my god!

i don't appreciate people having a go at me and trying and failing to breach anonymity, we're talking about very recent public figure here.

A word of warning...

Do not refer to any poster here by their real name. This is a breach of their confidentiality here on boards.ie. If it happens again I'll start dishing out bans.

HB

When I said it was misplaced you should use all my quote. In my opinion and from what I know senior Civil servants do a lot of the business for all senior politicans and in this and other cases the senior Civil Servants did over spend.

Sporting Fingal have done well since Joe took that position. Would be great if they were to win F.A.I Cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Redsalltheway

When I said it was misplaced you should use all my quote. In my opinion and from what I know senior Civil servants do a lot of the business for all senior politicans and in this and other cases the senior Civil Servants did over spend.

Sporting Fingal have done well since Joe took that position. Would be great if they were to win F.A.I Cup

Is he playing for you?

Is he playing for yous?

I tried to look for that word "yous" in the dictionary, but it doesn't seem to exist. Must be a new word.

Try using the word "you". It tends to work better.

Don't feed the trolls please. HB

Paulw wrote: »
    I tried to look for that word "yous" in the dictionary, but it doesn't seem to exist. Must be a new word.

Try using the word "you". It tends to work better.

Sorry im not great at the spelling. Is he a good player. I never heard of him?

• Advertisement

Sorry im not great at the spelling. Is he a good player. I never heard of him?

Maybe you should actually read the thread.

He is not a player at all, he's the commercial manager.

Redsalltheway:

Quit trolling. Take a day off, read the charter before you post here again. If not, your next ban will be a damn sight more than 1 Day.

HB

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Redsalltheway:

Quit trolling. Take a day off, read the charter before you post here again. If not, your next ban will be a damn sight more than 1 Day.

HB

Im sorry. Im new to this and didnt really no the rules.
    Its just that a fella had said that results are better since the Mayor joined so I thought that he must be on the team.
    Sorry if that sounds strange but I did not see any other way that he was improving the results.

Its just that a fella had said that results are better since the Mayor joined so I thought that he must be on the team.
    Sorry if that sounds strange but I did not see any other way that he was improving the results.

No, the post said that the club is doing well - commercially. The football is separate (mind you, they're doing well on the pitch too).

No, the post said that the club is doing well - commercially. The football is separate (mind you, they're doing well on the pitch too).

That sounds like a football thing to me. What other way could one take dat to mean

That sounds like a football thing to me. What other way could one take dat to mean

Well, considering the topic is about Joe becoming the commercial manager, it would lead most people to take it that (not dat) the club is commercially doing well. Being in cup ties, and winning cup games brings a bigger profile to the club and generates a lot of revenue, especially in games against larger clubs.

Winning the FAI Ford Cup will be a big sporting and commercial success for the club. It will raise the profile of the club and players, and even more so when Fingal get promoted to the premier division for next season. :D

Well, considering the topic is about Joe becoming the commercial manager, it would lead most people to take it that (not dat) the club is commercially doing well. Being in cup ties, and winning cup games brings a bigger profile to the club and generates a lot of revenue, especially in games against larger clubs.

Winning the FAI Ford Cup will be a big sporting and commercial success for the club. It will raise the profile of the club and players, and even more so when Fingal get promoted to the premier division next season. :D

I hope ye get promoted next season too:D

Im sorry. Im new to this and didnt really no the rules.

Since Joe took the position of commercial manager. Its in the previous posts. Just an upturn in form at the right time.

Apart from what PaulW has already said it gives soccer a proper identidity in Fingal and could see the top European clubs play against local lads. Im no soccer fan but do hope they do well.

PaulW do you have a website? some good photos on photography thread from you in the past.

PaulW do you have a website? some good photos on photography thread from you in the past.

My website is in my sig. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement