Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Veteran and Vintage Motorcycle Club

• 22-09-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭

The IVVMCC Annual Classic Bike Autojumble and Motorcycle Sale will be held on Saturday, 14th November 2009 at the new larger venue of the Leopardstown Race Course Tote Hall.

See attached for more details.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

We should organize a boards spin out to it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

Been going to this 'event' for more years than I care to remember, but in addition to the same stands, same faces, same rusty boxes of worn parts, same overpriced tack, what I would really like to see is some of the IVVMCC member bikes on display - surely in this day and age the Club would be proud to display some of their well restored and rare machines of yesteryear?

In previous years you've had more than enough paying punters through the doors at a fiver a pop - so why put it up 20%....have you got Lenihan as your adviser??

.....so come on folks, we're still in a recession, knock it back to a fiver till we all see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Admission has been retained at €6 for the third successive year. Having changed to Leopardstown for 2009, by definition the bigger venue attracts an increased cost for its hire aside from the associated costs of insurance etc. All in all admission this year represents even better value than before.

In the interests of the paying public, the stall holders and the members, the Club sees the move to Leopardstown in a very positive light. Both traffic and parking too were a constant problem at the 2008 venue but this year, with increased free space at our disposal, it has been addressed.

Overall the Club feels that the move to a bigger venue will allow the attendance for even more stall holders, there will be even more bikes for sale and that more space will be available for members' bikes to be put on display. In addition, those attending will be able to see the members' work in the 'Restoration of the Year' competition. Last year the Club had 6 entries for this prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I wonder would my Gixr J Slingshot qualify as a classic?

Its almost 22 years old. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭philgunn

how much is a pitch to sell in this show ?
    maybe bring a bit of my overstock

pg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

it does with me

Just bumping this as a reminder that it's on next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

It should have a Sunday opening too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

ollaetta wrote: »
    Overall the Club feels that the move to a bigger venue will allow the attendance for even more stall holders, there will be even more bikes for sale and that more space will be available for members' bikes to be put on display. In addition, those attending will be able to see the members' work in the 'Restoration of the Year' competition. Last year the Club had 6 entries for this prize.

I tip my lid and take back what I previously posted - todays Show was very impressive, the bikes on display were a credit to the owners and seemingly more stalls too. Overheard many commend the move from Taney. I didn't fill my list of goodies but came home with a few interesting bit n' bobs ;)

Following last year's successful move to the new venue the following are details of this year's show:
    Irish Veteran and Vintage Motorcycle Club Ltd.
    Leopardstown Show, Sale and Autojumble

Saturday 6th November 2010

Pavilion Hall, Leopardstown Racecourse

10.00 am to 4.00 pm

Admission €6-00 Under 16s Free

Contact Bob - 086 - 3825360 or Neil - 01 - 2983284

Easy access from M50 J14/15 or N11/Leopardstown Road

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Hope to be there.

I'll be the guy on the blue SV setting off car alarms :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hoping to go also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

My RGV IS 22 as well :)
    Tigger wrote: »
    it does with me

Too right :)

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Anyone else go to this? Was impressed at how big it was. Some fantastic old bikes...saw Glen Hansard pushing a lovely looking BSA out to the gates (after buying it I assume).

The trip out on the motorway convinced me I need to invest in a pair of winter gloves very soon though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

I went with the lads, well about 40 of us on scooters. It was a good day out although we had a good laugh at the only vespa for sale. The stall wanted €2750 for a what was clearly a far east knockoff job. That siad there was some lovely old classic bikes in the tent beside the main hall...although I ride a vespa I have a soft spot for Triumphs too!

Advertisement