Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy buckwheat flour in Dublin?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I have the munchies for breton crepes. SuperQuinn doesn't do buckwheat flour. Would you have come accross it at all in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd imagine any wholefood shop would have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

There's a good, versitile Buckwheat Pancake mix you can pick up at almost any health food store in Dublin.

BUCKWHEAT%20PANCAKE-NEW.jpg

Haven't bought it in awhile so can't say for sure which shops have it, but I'm sure you'll pick it up easy enough in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BrigR

I've seen buckwheat flour in Russian/ Eastern European Shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Thank you all! Crepes come from the health food shop? No guilt to have then! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 abatonime

http://www.organicsupermarket.ie/shop/product/buckwheat-flour-500g or they have a shop in Blackrock

I checked an Eastern European Shop in Rathmines and the guy didnt know what is buckwheat. Is there any other name for it in these shops?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

Hi,

Down to Earth on George's street have it. Also pretty sure that Nourish on Wicklow Street sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

abatonime wrote: »
    I checked an Eastern European Shop in Rathmines and the guy didnt know what is buckwheat. Is there any other name for it in these shops?

The whole buckwheat grains (technically seeds) are called "kasha" in Central/Eastern Europe and are usually used to make a type of porridge.

Organic buckwheat flour is on sale at the Dublin Food Co-Op, D.8, if thats your thang.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It seems that Indian shops should know it as Kuttu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

A quick bump for that one. I'm embraking on a quest for buckwheat flour as well, and I'll go and check every eastern and asian store around. But maybe some supermarket stocks it now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Dove Farms do it, it's stocked by many health food stores and Liston's on Camden St.

Got some at a health store on george street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

They sell in in the grocers in Sandymount also - it's with the nuts and spices.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

Thanks everyone for replying, I found some at Liston's of Camden. Staff in Fallon & Byrnes told me they have it, like, sometimes. Been there two days in a row and haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

in polish shops its very cheap 500g for 85 cents, its under the name Kasza i found it because my partner was Lithuanian, its for sale in Tesco for over 2 euros for a smaller bag. In the Polish shops however its roasted, I eat its alot and its very healthy and contains alot of protein and Lycine( cold sore preventer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I've picked it up in various SuperValus in Cork before. Although one in particular is extremely foodie. I can't think of many other supermarkets that have a choice of two different types of quails eggs!

You could try any decent wholefoods store though. It'd be surprised if they didn't have it.

Advertisement