Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed rate vs variable rate

Options
  • 22-09-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey Folks

I know this is a question asked over and over but i was hoping for some educated advice. I bought a property at the height of the market (no regrets i was in the frame of mind of buying and nothing would have stopped me) I am currently on a fixed rate mortgage which is expiring in the next few weeks and i have received a letter from my lending institution detailing their options. I have no choice but to stay with this bank as i am in negative equity. My question to all ye lovely people is should i go fixed again (i like knowing what my repayments will be every month) or go variable.

the options available are:
    4.20% fixed for 2 years
    4.30% fixed for 4 years
    4.95% fixed for 5 years
    3.75% variable (must take out a current account with the bank)
    or
    3.85% standard variable rate.

I would really appreciate your advices

cailin deas1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

with the rates their offering you you would have to go with the 5 year fixed that variable rate on offer is shocking

Advertisement