Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pubs/Clubs?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Going to Galway for a few days on Oct 24th and all i can find happening through ticketmaster is a Comedy festival, which i might check out but i'm more interested in live music bars - anything really but trad (with a younger crowd if possible), funk, jazz, or nu-jazz would be nice.

Most importantly though a proper spit-on-the-floor style techno club. Basically, people there for the music, not posing.

If you know of any sites/forums with up to date event listings or have any suggestions that'd be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phier

Hrmph.

Pure shockin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Over&Over

For house/techno, go to The Cellar downstairs (aka Deeper)... make sure to check what's on first, but if it's a bank holiday, there should be something decent on. All the club nights - Disconauts, 110th St, Nightflights - have Facebook groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Over&Over

For pubs, down west is your best choice:

Blue Note & Bierhaus should tick all your boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This question comes up very often OP, try a search of the forum for pubs or clubs and you'll find a lot of suggestions.
    Oh, and have a read through the Activities sticky in the forum, some stuff in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mallett

bluenote

• Advertisement

Cheers folks.

Sisi are hitting the spot and i see talk of them playing the cellar on the sunday of every bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Cuba weekender on that weekend. Japanese Popstars on the 24th. Big thumbs up from me

Any idea who's on the 25/26th?

Advertisement