Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flats security

• 22-09-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

What type of security alarms can be fitted into flats?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,477 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Any type really, but with an existing property, a wireless system with a GSM or landline monitoring is probably be best. There are of course certain basic standards.

Will I move your post to Electrical? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Victor wrote: »
    Any type really, but with an existing property, a wireless system with a GSM or landline monitoring is probably be best. There are of course certain basic standards.

Will I move your post to Electrical? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1018

yea go one then:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,477 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭altor

Bob Z wrote: »
    What type of security alarms can be fitted into flats?

Hi Bob Z,
    Would need more info.. Is it wired for an alarm, do you want it monitored by a monitoring station or self monitored, how many windows and doors do you have ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

altor wrote: »
    Hi Bob Z,
    Would need more info.. Is it wired for an alarm, do you want it monitored by a monitoring station or self monitored, how many windows and doors do you have ?

I havent got it yet. Its mainly to prtect equipment i will have in the flat when i am not there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

as another poster says do you want it monitored etc. i would go for a hkc myself and if you want it monitored then your best going with a text digi.

Bob Z wrote: »
    I havent got it yet. Its mainly to prtect equipment i will have in the flat when i am not there

If you want to protect whats in there you should be looking at protecting your windows and doors plus a pir or two in the flat. If your not going to be in or going away you should opt for the monitoring of your alarm through a monitoring station. At lease with the monitoring you would have garda responce if your not there, with the self monitoring you wont..
    Hope this helps..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

major bill wrote: »
    as another poster says do you want it monitored etc. i would go for a hkc myself and if you want it monitored then your best going with a text digi.

If you want HKC at least wait & see what their new system is like.
    It makes no sense to buy 6/10 now. Its the most basic on the market. You will get mush more from the Astec Fusion or the SigNet for the same price.
    If your looking at wireless the SigNet is best.

koolkid wrote: »
    If you want HKC at least wait & see what their new system is like.
    It makes no sense to buy 6/10 now. Its the most basic on the market. .

HKC dont make the 6/10 panel anymore, the 8/12, 12/12 or the 16/120 zone panel is the one they have on the market. There new hybrid panel will be on the market soon..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sorry my mistake.
    8/12 or 16/120 would be a bad choice at the moment anyway.
    PS 8/12 & 12/12 is the same panel with optional plug on expander

• Advertisement
Advertisement