Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject in one year???

Options
  • 22-09-2009 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey there,
    I'm in 6th year and am looking into taking up another subject.

The points for the courses I'm hoping to do are all up in the mid 500 range, which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that I'm completely lost in Design and Communications Graphics and don't have a fall-back subject! :(

I'm doing 8 subjects already: ordinary level in Irish and Maths, higher level English, French, Art, Graphics, Religion and Music. I've just begun studying the music course outside of school and I'm working on my art portfolio as well, so I don't have much free time left over.

Does anyone know what the easiest extra subject is?

A lot of my friends are considering Ag Science, but I'm worried it might bore me to death! :rolleyes:
    Is Classical Studies easy, by any chance...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

No subject is going to be very easy seen as you only have a year to do it and you mention that you dont have a lot of free time. Would you not be as well off to just put more work into your other subjects??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Hey there,
    I'm in 6th year and am looking into taking up another subject.

The points for the courses I'm hoping to do are all up in the mid 500 range, which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that I'm completely lost in Design and Communications Graphics and don't have a fall-back subject! :(

I'm doing 8 subjects already: ordinary level in Irish and Maths, higher level English, French, Art, Graphics, Religion and Music. I've just begun studying the music course outside of school and I'm working on my art portfolio as well, so I don't have much free time left over.

Does anyone know what the easiest extra subject is?

A lot of my friends are considering Ag Science, but I'm worried it might bore me to death! :rolleyes:
    Is Classical Studies easy, by any chance...?

mabe if you put more effort into dcg, it would be better than taking up an extra subject and ending up doing poorly in both....
    also do you not have enough on your plate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

As a teacher of Classical Studies, i would not recommend doing it in one year. It is a long course, quite detailed, and alot is expecting from candidates in the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

I am repeating in a grind school, theres like 9 books or something, so without much time not a chance!

Ag science is grand, but you really need to have done biology or geography to be okay with it in 1 year

For me personally i'm finding it grand but then again i do both biology and geography

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I'm a repeat student, and I took up History as a new subject this year. I'm finding it pretty easy, but then again, I've an active interest in the subject. As long as you're interested in the extra subject you want to do, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Nead21 wrote: »
    As a teacher of Classical Studies, i would not recommend doing it in one year. It is a long course, quite detailed, and alot is expecting from candidates in the exam.
    It would be a million times easier if the exam were longer. 27 mins a question is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

It would be a million times easier if the exam were longer. 27 mins a question is a joke.

yeah i agree, but would you really want to stay longer than 3 hours in an exam?

approx 5 points in each essay is enough to be writing with their length averaging about 2 pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

I'm doing Business over 2 years, but at the end of 5th year I had the full course covered, so really for 6th year it's revision. I'm finding it very manageable and easy to pick up, as long as you learn it the full way through. I'm pretty much in the same position as you with 8 other subjects (pass Irish, pass Maths) and I'm going for Medicine. I'm looking at the A1 in Business (I hope) and I know people in my class last year who came out with an A2 after doing it in one year...It's do-able!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Patriciamc93

Am I am doing economics as a one year course and its ok! There is learning in it but once you learn and understand it its not that bad!

Advertisement