Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus....

Options
  • 22-09-2009 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Wanting to book flights from DUB-SFO in October

on aerlingus.com it says "from Dublin San Francisco €259.00" and when you click the link it says :
    "How to get this fare
    Travel period until 23 October 2009
    Terms and conditions
    This fare is each-way, must be purchased as part of a return trip and includes taxes & charges. Subject to availability."

When I put in my dates the price is much higher (€900), so looked at other dates for this route and found fares for €700 but this still doesn't make it 259 each way..! Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Best to contact Aer Lingus and ask them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

Will they actually do anything about it other than say "it depends on the date" or something? (even though no dates from today thru October 23 are 259.00)
    Don't want to waste my time on hold on the phone for nothing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'm pretty sure the prices are listed as being 'from' €259 so you wouldn't necessarily be able to get flights at that price at all :(

I'm pretty sure the prices are listed as being 'from' €259 so you wouldn't necessarily be able to get flights at that price at all :(

Yeah, it does say "from" alright.. but surely it should have one day where its €259, no?

Yep, but they could have had a limited number of flights at €259 that have sold out now. Just looked at it there and I can see a flight to SFO on the 6th of Oct for €222 and one home on the 17th for €232 so they do seem to be there, just most days are wayyy more expensive

• Advertisement

Yep, but they could have had a limited number of flights at €259 that have sold out now. Just looked at it there and I can see a flight to SFO on the 6th of Oct for €222 and one home on the 17th for €232 so they do seem to be there, just most days are wayyy more expensive

Oh damn, didn't notice that
    I was wanting to fly out on 16th and return on 23rd, flights last week were 519, then went up over the past few days. Gutted :(

Oh damn, didn't notice that
    I was wanting to fly out on 16th and return on 23rd, flights last week were 519, then went up over the past few days. Gutted :(

nutbars :( have a look on ebookers.fr , for some reason they're a lot cheaper than ebookers.ie, although you will prob not get a direct flight through them. Had a look just there and for your dates you can fly with KLM with one stop in Amsterdam for €506 incl taxes and charges

ooh, more flight snooping (addicted to it) if you go through klm.com directly you can get prices between €428 and €668 flying out that week

Advertisement