Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG G36C battery replacment

Options
  • 22-09-2009 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Planning on bying the JG G36C as I've heard a lot a good things about it. The only gripe it would seem is the battery, but I heard upgrading it sorts it out. So what I want to know is can you fit in a minitype 9v battery into the battery slot. Any help would be great :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You can yep, :)
    it's a little tight but it goes in, there's a small L shaped piece of plastic that the battery rests on, if you remove that then it fits no probs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Floodric wrote: »
    Planning on bying the JG G36C as I've heard a lot a good things about it. The only gripe it would seem is the battery, but I heard upgrading it sorts it out. So what I want to know is can you fit in a minitype 9v battery into the battery slot. Any help would be great :)
    yea mate that will work fine in that gun,not too sure but some g36c can take a large 9.6 too,but im sure someone will set me right hope that helps you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Masada wrote: »
    You can yep, :)
    it's a little tight but it goes in, there's a small L shaped piece of plastic that the battery rests on, if you remove that then it fits no probs
    oh heck,masada beat me to it;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

9.6v will give you better ROF, but JG v.3 gearbox doesn't like 9.6v batteries too much. Sector clip will be rather renquired to ensure good feed.

Ive ran my bog standard JG G36c on 10.8 with ease. Its now upgraded and even better but it'll handle 9.6 no problem from standard.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Floodric

So is it recommended to switch? Does MIA do the mini type bats?

Ive ran my bog standard JG G36c on 10.8 with ease. Its now upgraded and even better but it'll handle 9.6 no problem from standard.,
    It will, but remember about increased internals wear. What ROF did you get? With 9.6v battery you need to pay closer attention to maintenance.

Those internals are rock solid, comes with the usual XYT gears and the JG piston is pretty good. the one i have is the old 6mm shell and never broke on the 10.8v. it was doing 23-25rps at the time.

Theres no more noticable wear on the gearbox over 8.4v, ive seen too many to count and its pretty standard for people to run them on a 9.6.,

Those internals are rock solid, comes with the usual XYT gears and the JG piston is pretty good. the one i have is the old 6mm shell and never broke on the 10.8v. it was doing 23-25rps at the time.

Theres no more noticable wear on the gearbox over 8.4v, ive seen too many to count and its pretty standard for people to run them on a 9.6.,

Agree 100%. However, whatever works in one JG might not work in another one.

Like JG, you can squize so much from them. Got consistent 22rps on 9.6v, stock motor and some modifications to gearbox :D

Ive seen no less than several hundred of them., :)

• Advertisement

I havent tried that one, but these ones do,
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/firefox-1500mah-mini-battery-p-1033.html

Cheers. Trusted site?

yeah their good, have loads of nice gear but they can be a little slow, you might be waiting 2 weeks for it.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Viper Antidote

Dosen't say if that battery is An NiMh or NiCd ........always worth the extra euro for the NiMh ......you can charge them anytime .....NiCd's will need a discharger before every charge. Your other option is a 7.4V Lipo ..... almost as good as a decent capacity 9.6V NiMh. If you plan on upgrading the gears soon .......you could easily use an 11.1V Li-Po .....:) Each device can defo be different ..... increasing battery power will weed out the weaker gear sets and pistons! An easy upgrade with a sector chip will solve any misfires with the higher rps, better again would be a new set of high speed gears! (Usually come with sector chip on them!). Most Airsoft retailers will have a range of batteries to suit you but i'd personally choose a decent 9.6V high cap NiMh! :)

Advertisement